Hi,
I'm starting GB with the hopes of strengthening my upper body.
I've been working through some issues caused by upper cross syndrome (tight pectorals and traps, shoulders rotated forward and up out of pockets). My motivation for this was starting archery, which required more upper back and shoulder coordination. I'm fairly active but work a mostly computer job and was not very athletic growing up. I've been doing stretches, strengthening and bodyweight 4 days a week. I can squat past 90 degrees and fold in half with a rounded back from other workout programs I've done over the years.
Regarding the upper crossed syndrome, I've made a lot of progress in the past 8 months with mobility, soft tissue work and strengthening (rows, scap retraction, scap pulldown, pec min and minor stretches) to where I'm fairly satisfied with the outcome. My shoulders are down and back now, not rolled forward, I can expand my scapula outward and get some decent depression and retraction, as well as what we can back tension in archery. I'm finding I often end up with tightness at the biceps attachments (elbow and up in the rotator cuff), hence why I'm looking at the GB programming-- I think I'm missing something with my current workouts. I'm having a hard time with doing pushups, I don't have the strength to do a pushup on my feet still. Doing exercises like bench press and pushup can cause some shoulder pain.
Here are my newbie questions:
How many days a week should I be working on GB? Is there any specific composition of programming I should be looking to focus on given the challenges I am working with? Should I slowly ramp up?
Should I be focusing on building thoracic bridge?
Thank you.