Restarting foundation..question about frequency

Started by Anthony Del Balso, May 7, 2023 · 4 Replies · 1,991 Views

Anthony Del Balso

I'm just over fifty and restarting foundation. I have been doing front stretch once a week since late December and recently starting incorporating core foundation 1 before hand. 

I try to fast intermittently, eating between 11 am and 8pm. 

 could you make a recommendations for frequency of the foundation workouts for someone my age and time of day for working out considering the intermittent fasting?

 

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Anthony Del Balso said:

I'm just over fifty and restarting foundation. I have been doing front stretch once a week since late December and recently starting incorporating core foundation 1 before hand. 

I try to fast intermittently, eating between 11 am and 8pm. 

 could you make a recommendations for frequency of the foundation workouts for someone my age and time of day for working out considering the intermittent fasting?

 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Anthony, unfortunately i do not have experience with IF but for sure twice a week for foundations should not be a problem. i older student is 70 yo.

Bill Marr

I've been doing time restricted eating (IF) for years. First meal of the day usually around 11AM. I train at around 7AM and never have had a problem with energy levels. 

John Crocker

Foundations 1 isn't very energy intensive. Should be ok on an empty stomach.

Anthony Del Balso

Thank you all.  After several weeks doing intermittent fasting, I ended up gaining weight. I guess I ate too liberally since I was famished all mornings...and often I couldn't eat early due to other commitments, so I ended up eating pretty late many nights a week. 

So I've dropped that, and despite eating out a ton the past two weeks, I've lost 3 pounds. Nearly back to my original starting weight.

I worked out first thing this AM, then had a protein shake after. That felt really good so I'm going to try to do that more often. :-)