Designed First Workout (Feedback Needed)

Started by Rob Monti, June 26, 2010 · 2 Replies · 1,738 Views

Rob Monti

Hello all,

This a workout routine I designed after reading Coach Sommer's book. It's the first time I've designed a "gymnastic routine" so I'm sure it could use some tweaking. My goal for this program is relative strength increases while doing jiu-jitsu training 2-6x per week. I would also like to perform a planche and front lever eventually but that is more of a secondary priority to building a foundation in the FBE's. And just as an FYI, I have access to a well equipped jungle gym w/ PB's, a pull up bar, kettlebells and I have the XR's as well. The exercise order below goes from my weakest body (lower body) parts to the strongest (pushing).

Monday

3x5 of the following:

Weighted Deck Squats

Weighted Knee ups from the Hang

Pull Ups

Weighted Dips on PB

Wednesday

3x5 of the following:

Weighted Deck Jump

HLL (1/2)

Front Lever Row w/ Tuck

Pushups -XR (PPP)

Friday

3x5 of the following:

Pistols

HLL - V to L

Inverted Curl

Maltese (feet on floor in push up position)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am a complete newbie at this. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

Best,

RM

Blairbob

This sounds very doable and light in overall volume. Write down in your log about how each workout is and feels over 2-3 weeks. Take notice of aches and pains, etc should they occur.

Rob Monti

Thanks Blair Bob. I'm glad you mentioned volume because I was concerned that I was doing enough. I have no problem adding a little more and I'd welcome any more insight.