Deloading

Started by Paul Del Casino, March 23, 2023 · 2 Replies · 1,688 Views

Paul Del Casino

I am currently on the Foundation courses and I do each one about once a week (lower body, upper body, handstand, and core). Because of my schedule, my workouts are not strictly scheduled; I usually just manage to get them all in once a week. What should my deload protocol be? How often would I deload and to what extent based on where I am with the exercises?

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Paul Del Casino said:

I am currently on the Foundation courses and I do each one about once a week (lower body, upper body, handstand, and core). Because of my schedule, my workouts are not strictly scheduled; I usually just manage to get them all in once a week. What should my deload protocol be? How often would I deload and to what extent based on where I am with the exercises?

Thanks.

Hi Paul, if you train once a week for a specific exercise of foundations...you do not need to think about deloading. you can still progress with one year of training without deloading at this stage of development.

John Crocker

I'm currently doing two steps per week. I would think if you stop seeing progress than that would be the time to deload.