This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ring Dip form check

Started by Arif Vakil, November 29, 2022 · 16 Replies · 136 Views

Arif Vakil

Hi fellow gymnasts,

Did my first set of Ring Dips.  How is my form?  I know I'm shaking a bit.  But is form good enough to go to the next 5x1r?  Or do I fix this in the current progression (3x1r)?  Any tips to remain still and steady?

I don't have Parallel Bars.  At least not really tall ones that go up to my armpits.  So unable to the earlier progressions such as Single Bar dips or the Korean Dips.  

Thanks every so much!




 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:

Hi fellow gymnasts,

Did my first set of Ring Dips.  How is my form?  I know I'm shaking a bit.  But is form good enough to go to the next 5x1r?  Or do I fix this in the current progression (3x1r)?  Any tips to remain still and steady?

I don't have Parallel Bars.  At least not really tall ones that go up to my armpits.  So unable to the earlier progressions such as Single Bar dips or the Korean Dips.  

Thanks every so much!




 

Hi Arif, from my pov it is too early to move to this variation...can't you use a couple of chairs for the regular dip? the main issue here is that you a re loosing dome depression when you reverse the movement.

Arif Vakil

Hey, thanks Alessandro.

I do have these regular dip bars (don't have the tall Parallel bars).  I'm quite comfortable doing regular dips.  I can probably do 15 in a set.  Could you suggest what would be a good progression for me to do, to get to Ring Dips?

Warmly,
Arif

Ps. Alessandro, thank you so VERY much for being active in these forums and helping out!  REALLY appreciate it!

Alessandro Mainente
Just now, Arif Vakil said:

Hey, thanks Alessandro.

I do have these regular dip bars (don't have the tall Parallel bars).  I'm quite comfortable doing regular dips.  I can probably do 15 in a set.  Could you suggest what would be a good progression for me to do, to get to Ring Dips?

Warmly,
Arif

Ps. Alessandro, thank you so VERY much for being active in these forums and helping out!  REALLY appreciate it!

hey Arif, i have noticed from your history post that you have never pot a form check so i'd like to see your dips execuion on the normal parallel bars first. a st of 10 is enough.

Arif Vakil

Will do, Coach Alessandro! 
My bars are short so I would be leaning forward and doing it with bent knees, something like this guy.

I've got my Upper body Workout scheduled on Thursday.  Will record and post it then. 

Cheerio!

Arif Vakil

Hello Alessandro,

Here are my Dips on a regular dip bar.  I also recorded another set of Ring Dips, felt stronger this time.

This particular dip bar that i'm using is short.  It's just 71 cms. 

If it will help with progressions I can buy a slightly taller one that's 91 cm like this.  But these are still woefully short to do Single Bar dips.  My arm pit to the ground is 140 cm.

Thanks for you help, Alessandro!

Warmly,

Arif

 

Dip bar:

 

Ring Dips:

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:

Hello Alessandro,

Here are my Dips on a regular dip bar.  I also recorded another set of Ring Dips, felt stronger this time.

This particular dip bar that i'm using is short.  It's just 71 cms. 

If it will help with progressions I can buy a slightly taller one that's 91 cm like this.  But these are still woefully short to do Single Bar dips.  My arm pit to the ground is 140 cm.

Thanks for you help, Alessandro!

Warmly,

Arif

 

Dip bar:

 

Ring Dips:

 

Hi Arif, can you notice that you are moving a lot your torso durnig the movement? you should strive to be more stable.

Arif Vakil

Thanks Alessandro!  
So if I understand you correctly, I can continue with the Ring-dips.  I don't need to go back a progression.  However, should work on stabilising my Torso.  Is that correct?

Warmly,

Arif
 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:

Thanks Alessandro!  
So if I understand you correctly, I can continue with the Ring-dips.  I don't need to go back a progression.  However, should work on stabilising my Torso.  Is that correct?

Warmly,

Arif
 

i STILL prefer that you squire more stabilization of normal pbar dips.

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:

Thanks Alessandro!  
So if I understand you correctly, I can continue with the Ring-dips.  I don't need to go back a progression.  However, should work on stabilising my Torso.  Is that correct?

Warmly,

Arif
 

COnsider that the russian dip variation can be completed (as i did) also on your equipment.

Arif Vakil

Got it, so Russian L Dips, first to stabilise my Torso first.  Will do that Alessandro.

Warmly,
Arif

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:

Got it, so Russian L Dips, first to stabilise my Torso first.  Will do that Alessandro.

Warmly,
Arif

both Russian and L-russian.

Arif Vakil
On 12/5/2022 at 1:59 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

COnsider that the russian dip variation can be completed (as i did) also on your equipment.

Dear Alessandro,

I'm unable to do the Russian L Dips.  I just collapse.  And I don't have parallel bars tall enough to do the regular Russian Dips.  Is there any other progression you can advise to get to the Russian L Dips?  Those that I can do on my shorter Parallel bars.

Thanks as always for your amazing help!

Arif

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/8/2022 at 4:48 AM, Arif Vakil said:

Dear Alessandro,

I'm unable to do the Russian L Dips.  I just collapse.  And I don't have parallel bars tall enough to do the regular Russian Dips.  Is there any other progression you can advise to get to the Russian L Dips?  Those that I can do on my shorter Parallel bars.

Thanks as always for your amazing help!

Arif

hey Arif, i took a look to your parallel bar and they are the same that my students use in my gym. you can do them , if you want i can easily show you that you can...

Arif Vakil
On 12/20/2022 at 2:21 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

hey Arif, i took a look to your parallel bar and they are the same that my students use in my gym. you can do them , if you want i can easily show you that you can...

 

On 12/21/2022 at 5:14 AM, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi Arif, this old thread shows me doing russian dips with the PB bars at a similar height to yours: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/36344-hbppe11/?do=findComment&comment=277626

 

Hey guys!

Thanks so much for the guidance Alessandro and Awais!  Sorry for the late reply.  I was travelling and just the alert in my forum post.

Awais, your video did the trick.  I can do it using my existing Parallel bars!  And Damn you look good doing that Russian Dip!  I guess you must have progressed WAY BEYOND that by now.  Which progression are you on?

Love & warm wishes,

Arif

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Arif Vakil said:

 

Hey guys!

Thanks so much for the guidance Alessandro and Awais!  Sorry for the late reply.  I was travelling and just the alert in my forum post.

Awais, your video did the trick.  I can do it using my existing Parallel bars!  And Damn you look good doing that Russian Dip!  I guess you must have progressed WAY BEYOND that by now.  Which progression are you on?

Love & warm wishes,

Arif

Hi Arif i have already completed the foundations 4 long time ago exception for the manna where the wieght of my legs do not help the mission. i did my best with v-sit. but for the rest i movement to specific riings skills after completing the foundations 4 (level 4)

...i did iron cross, reverse muscleup, one arm pullup, straddle planche on rings and inverted cross. (some of them are in the old contents of my instagram channel...mixed with my students result)