This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/SE4 / Open planche

Started by Awais Muzaffar, November 21, 2022 · 31 Replies · 306 Views

Awais Muzaffar

Thanks for getting back. I'm happy to adjust exactly as your advice. 

Two questions:

1. I noticed you cut out ring dips from my session... I guess my worry is losing the stability I have gained on rings training.
2. On Day 3, Push you say: "planche lean half sets of day 1 with 2/3 of the seconds of the day 1." but you did not list planche lean on Day 1 above. Can you clarify that please?

Many thanks for your guidance,

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Thanks for getting back. I'm happy to adjust exactly as your advice. 

Two questions:

1. I noticed you cut out ring dips from my session... I guess my worry is losing the stability I have gained on rings training.
2. On Day 3, Push you say: "planche lean half sets of day 1 with 2/3 of the seconds of the day 1." but you did not list planche lean on Day 1 above. Can you clarify that please?

Many thanks for your guidance,

sorry, the half sets are of open planche.

rings dips can be done after the main work on hbp...not before.

Awais Muzaffar

Perfect, I really like this new adjustment. Thanks!

Awais Muzaffar

Hey! 

Is it a good idea to move the thighs to a vertical position, and leaning more foward. SE5 and SE6 require more lean, so I want bridge that gap

Example below:


 

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hey! 

Is it a good idea to move the thighs to a vertical position, and leaning more foward. SE5 and SE6 require more lean, so I want bridge that gap

Example below:


 

one step at time..notice that you are loosing protraction. so no more lean is required if you cannot perform properly the sapular activation.

Awais Muzaffar

Hi.

So, I alternate between two push days. Push A is open planche/hespu and then Push B is hespu/open planche.

But on Push B when I do a minimum of 4x4 sets of hespu eccentrics, it creates too much fatigue that I am unable to do open planche after that, is it effective to use a band for the open planche on that push day?

hespu after open planche on Push A is never a problem though.

Thanks,
 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Awais Muzaffar said:

Hi.

So, I alternate between two push days. Push A is open planche/hespu and then Push B is hespu/open planche.

But on Push B when I do a minimum of 4x4 sets of hespu eccentrics, it creates too much fatigue that I am unable to do open planche after that, is it effective to use a band for the open planche on that push day?

hespu after open planche on Push A is never a problem though.

Thanks,
 

yes you can. this is the common problem of hcing 2 movements on the same muscles. some students refer no problem, other should prioritize one in the training session. sometime one for an entire month.