Would appreciate Critique

Started by Tom Hiltbrunn, June 24, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,355 Views

Tom Hiltbrunn

Hello everyone! Sadly, I have not been able to buy the book yet because of a lack of funds but I have read a lot of the forum topics and have a general idea of how to start. I am just wanting some critique of my routine I have put together. (a little background on me) I became interested in gymnastics after learning how to breakdance. I taught myself to tumble and just like a lot of people out there I thought weights were the way to go when it came to strength but I am happy to say that I have been converted! :D

Here's my workout routine:

here's my stats on progressions which I do at the beginning of the workout

Progressions:

tuck planche: 6 sets of15 sec

manna bent leg straddle: 6 sets of 15 sec

advanced tuck FL: 6 sets of 10

advanced tuck BL: 6 sets of 10

Monday:

Ido's Shoulder stabilization routine,

Progressions,

tuck planche pushups 5 sets of 5

tuck FL pullups: 5 sets of 5

Full ROM HSPU: 5 sets of 2

Chin up + 50 lb: 5 sets of 2

Static stretching as a cooldown

Tuesday: Ido's squat clinic routine,

Ido's beginner explosive leg workout

static stretch

Wednesday: Kind of rest/ recovery day. I go tumble with my friends on grass and then work on flexibility.

Thursday:

Ido's Shoulder stabilization routine,

Progressions,

Upright rows (100 lb) 5 sets of 5,

weighted dips on rings (BW + 45 lb) 5 sets of 5

then I do multiplaning exercising.(whatever I feel like working on the day)

static stretch

Friday: Same as Tuesday

Saturday: same as wednesday

Sunday: Day of rest haha

Sorry if this post is too long but I am just wondering, is this too much? too little? are there other things I should or should not do? Any and all critiques would be greatly appreciated.

Blairbob
tuck planche pushups 5 sets of 5

tuck FL pullups: 5 sets of 5

Full ROM HSPU: 5 sets of 2

Chin up + 50 lb: 5 sets of 2

I'd rather see you do 1 of each pull/press exercise per day, especially at this intensity.

Kinda skeptical about the upright row.

Tom Hiltbrunn

Sorry for the misunderstanding, with the upright row I am doing 100 lb with a barbell (not BW). I am not sure how else to hit that motion without the weights. I have done the upside down pullups on rings but I am not sure how to progress with those. So you think that I am going too intense? How would you recommend I set it all up? Thanks for the reply by the way! :D

Blairbob

I would split the weighted chins and HSPU to Tu/F

Tom Hiltbrunn

Thank You!