Adding Additional Leg Work (Please Read Background)

Started by Jefferson Chen Tang, April 13, 2022 · 3 Replies · 1,514 Views

Jefferson Chen Tang

Back ground: I'm a 19 year old male. I'm currently on Foundation 1 for my leg series. Being in the military, I think that (correct me if I'm wrong), the foundation series 1 through 2 will not provide my body with enough improvement (I don't know if what I just said is ambiguous, ask me to clarify if it is the case) for me to sustain my running and rucking abilities. (Rucking is where you put weight in your pack and walk or jog for long distances) 

Am I allowed to supplement the foundation series with additional leg work, such as weighted squats and deadlifts? 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Jefferson Chen Tang said:

Back ground: I'm a 19 year old male. I'm currently on Foundation 1 for my leg series. Being in the military, I think that (correct me if I'm wrong), the foundation series 1 through 2 will not provide my body with enough improvement (I don't know if what I just said is ambiguous, ask me to clarify if it is the case) for me to sustain my running and rucking abilities. (Rucking is where you put weight in your pack and walk or jog for long distances) 

Am I allowed to supplement the foundation series with additional leg work, such as weighted squats and deadlifts? 

Hi Jefferson , yes probably you should. i would do back squat and single leg movement as accessory work.

Jefferson Chen Tang
3 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

i would do back squat and single leg movement as accessory work.

How should I incorporate it into my training?

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Jefferson Chen Tang said:

How should I incorporate it into my training?

It depends on the period of the cycle. preparatory ? transition? competitive? also it depends on the form of the main lifts like squat.

I cannot say too much more because a lack of information. probably a powerlfting coach or an expert on physical prep for your requirements could be the best choice.