This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Arch Body Hod feedback

Started by George Traganidas 235308, March 6, 2022 · 28 Replies · 173 Views

George Traganidas 235308

Can you please provide me with some feedback on the form?

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Can you please provide me with some feedback on the form?

 

Hi George, for a better spine engagement i suggest this sequence...first posterior pelvic tilt, then hips extension, then raise the legs...then raise the upper body,

George Traganidas 235308

Does this look any better?

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Does this look any better?

 

It needs definitely more work, probably is one o your weak point...

George Traganidas 235308
15 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

It needs definitely more work, probably is one o your weak point...

IT is true :( Is it a matter of strength or flexibility?

I am doing the Thoracic Bridge session once a week. What else can I do to address this and improve?

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

IT is true :( Is it a matter of strength or flexibility?

I am doing the Thoracic Bridge session once a week. What else can I do to address this and improve?

Thanks.

BOTH of them, the less the thoracic extension the less the strength you can produce.

George Traganidas 235308

Any extra exercises to do, or just keep doing Thoracic Bridge?

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

IT is true :( Is it a matter of strength or flexibility?

I am doing the Thoracic Bridge session once a week. What else can I do to address this and improve?

Thanks.

pROBABLY I WOULD DO THE INVERTED CAT STRETCH MORE OFTEN.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks. I will start doing it more often.

Bill Marr

Hey George. I started putting the inverted cat and even a 30 second bridge into my daily limber. Do it every day and have had excellent results with thoracic flexibility. Problem is, I have so many areas I want to enhance, my daily limber now takes almost 25 minutes :)

George Traganidas 235308
31 minutes ago, Bill Marr said:

Hey George. I started putting the inverted cat and even a 30 second bridge into my daily limber. Do it every day and have had excellent results with thoracic flexibility. Problem is, I have so many areas I want to enhance, my daily limber now takes almost 25 minutes :)

Haha. I know how it feels. I can improve to almost all the area so I need to look hard and focus.

George Traganidas 235308

How does this look? Any better?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

How does this look? Any better?

 

 

the sternum is higher than before...nicely done!

George Traganidas 235308

Can you please provide me with some feedback? I am feeling a bit stuck with this progression. I have been working on it for about 6m and I don't seem to be able to hold it for more than 36sec. I am currently at the step where I do 5x36sec. When I try the next step of 4x48sec, my form collapses in the 3rd or 4th rep. Any suggestions?

 

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Can you please provide me with some feedback? I am feeling a bit stuck with this progression. I have been working on it for about 6m and I don't seem to be able to hold it for more than 36sec. I am currently at the step where I do 5x36sec. When I try the next step of 4x48sec, my form collapses in the 3rd or 4th rep. Any suggestions?

 

Hey george are your legs together?

George Traganidas 235308
17 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey george are your legs together?

No :( Shall I be pressing them together similar to when I am doing a handstand?

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

No :( Shall I be pressing them together similar to when I am doing a handstand?

Yes for sure.

George Traganidas 235308
7 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes for sure.

ok. i will try again and post a new video

George Traganidas 235308
On 1/13/2023 at 9:22 AM, George Traganidas 235308 said:

ok. i will try again and post a new video

How is this?

 

Alessandro Mainente
16 minutes ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

How is this?

 

nice....now...are you always training to failure?

George Traganidas 235308
On 1/16/2023 at 9:01 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

nice....now...are you always training to failure?

Yes ........ Is that not good? I think I might be missing a piece of the 'gymnastics' puzzle here. How shall I be training and progressing to the next step?

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

Yes ........ Is that not good? I think I might be missing a piece of the 'gymnastics' puzzle here. How shall I be training and progressing to the next step?

nope, that's something you MUST AVOID. no ione of my students train to failure (you can see results on my instagram profile). you must have seconds/reps in the tank. that's the secret. train to failure is a bad nosense approach typical of the bodybuilding of the 70's...

George Traganidas 235308
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

nope, that's something you MUST AVOID. no ione of my students train to failure (you can see results on my instagram profile). you must have seconds/reps in the tank. that's the secret. train to failure is a bad nosense approach typical of the bodybuilding of the 70's...

This is very helpful. Thanks.

Got it. How will I know then to progress to the next step? Lets say that I do the arch body hold for 3x12s and I finish and I did not train to failure and I feel fine. How do I know that I should go to the next step or stay at the same?

 

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:

This is very helpful. Thanks.

Got it. How will I know then to progress to the next step? Lets say that I do the arch body hold for 3x12s and I finish and I did not train to failure and I feel fine. How do I know that I should go to the next step or stay at the same?

 

ideally you can move to the following steps, if you feel that only the last set is a bit closer to failure you can move forward again, when you feel that the 3rd and 4th sets are going to be to failure then save some seconds and repeat the schema until the 3rd and 4th sets are no onger to failure. every 4th week i suggest a light deload where you cut in half the sets.

George Traganidas 235308
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

ideally you can move to the following steps, if you feel that only the last set is a bit closer to failure you can move forward again, when you feel that the 3rd and 4th sets are going to be to failure then save some seconds and repeat the schema until the 3rd and 4th sets are no onger to failure. every 4th week i suggest a light deload where you cut in half the sets.

That makes sense. Thank you for the pointers.

One more clarification please. How do you think of rest time? Let's say that you do 5x12sec step, do you go between the strength and mobility one after the other with no break or do you do breaks between the sets?

I found that I got tired and i did 60 sec after the mobility before going to do my second set.