Hi,
I'm just trying to create my own workout to start with the handstand.
Before I started to workout with this platform, I worked on my handstand already for some time.
I can hold a freestanding handstand for 10-20 seconds, but I know that my handstand is not perfect due to my shoulder mobility and thoracic extension restrictions.
Now I tried to choose a progression that would fit me in the "freestanding handstand" section. I thought that I would skip the first ones and jump right to some handstand progression, but then I've noticed that there are already high mobility requirements in the early stages. For instance already in E2 the headstand (which is easy for me) is paired with the mobility exercise: weighted static standing shoulder extension. In the video the athlete is able to get something like 90°shoulder extension with a weighted bar which is far beyond my capabilities.
If I try not to let my shoulders roll forward and retract my scapulae I can get maybe 20-25 degrees of shoulder extension with a stick.
So I guess I should really be able to get that range of motion before I can continue to go to the next level, right? Also how much weight should one use?
Best regards,
Christoph