Body Recomp Weights vs GST

Started by Aaron Hughson, January 11, 2022 · 3 Replies · 1,555 Views

Aaron Hughson

Hey All,

 

Between the dates of 10/18/2021 and 11/30/2021 I dedicated myself to a weight training program coupled with mobility work from GST. I made strength gains generally but as you can see from the picture attached my Fat Mass and LBM made very little in progress. 
 

Between 11/302021 and 1/10/2022 I committed to GST only. The results I would normally say speak for themselves but even I am caught off guard by how big a difference it is.

My diet was the same throughout everything. Also my pre-day eating and drinking and same day sauna sessions were all the same prior to each testing period so as to eliminate variables. 
 

Can anyone explain such a recomp especially a near 1:1 ratio as it is here?

5’5” Tall it 165cm

Thanks!

ECC41FCB-DB24-4B09-98AC-9C9488B4B1EB.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Aaron Hughson said:

Hey All,

 

Between the dates of 10/18/2021 and 11/30/2021 I dedicated myself to a weight training program coupled with mobility work from GST. I made strength gains generally but as you can see from the picture attached my Fat Mass and LBM made very little in progress. 
 

Between 11/302021 and 1/10/2022 I committed to GST only. The results I would normally say speak for themselves but even I am caught off guard by how big a difference it is.

My diet was the same throughout everything. Also my pre-day eating and drinking and same day sauna sessions were all the same prior to each testing period so as to eliminate variables. 
 

Can anyone explain such a recomp especially a near 1:1 ratio as it is here?

5’5” Tall it 165cm

Thanks!

ECC41FCB-DB24-4B09-98AC-9C9488B4B1EB.jpeg

Basically, GST is a much more multijoint exercise involving more muscles and more general tension, more coordination, and more caloric consumption.

only to let you know...in 2021 i prepared a natural bodybuilding competition training with GST movements (and modifications) it was my first competition. here you can find a result of my change and in the pic on the left i wasn't shredded as in competition where i have reached a bodyfat of 5.1% (just to say what does it mean...you can see the single fibers of the lats..moving during the pullup).

progress.png

Aaron Hughson

@Alessandro Mainente You never fail to impress me. Can’t lie my goals are partly superficial and sometimes it’s hard to think against the conventional wisdom of those loud voices saying weight training is the best for putting on mass. Here’s to another 6 weeks of hopefully great results in fat loss, lean mass gain, and overall better advancement in my GST work.

 

I’ll post my next set of results here again if possible as a journal.

 

@Alessandro Mainente Sorry to ask but what are your stats (I.e. Height, Weight?)

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Aaron Hughson said:

@Alessandro Mainente You never fail to impress me. Can’t lie my goals are partly superficial and sometimes it’s hard to think against the conventional wisdom of those loud voices saying weight training is the best for putting on mass. Here’s to another 6 weeks of hopefully great results in fat loss, lean mass gain, and overall better advancement in my GST work.

 

I’ll post my next set of results here again if possible as a journal.

 

@Alessandro Mainente Sorry to ask but what are your stats (I.e. Height, Weight?)

I'm 1,7 mt, in the contest (i got the 3rd place..) i was 70,5 kg...