How many RIR should you start a new SSC cycle with?

Started by Andrew 403905, December 11, 2021 · 1 Replies · 1,098 Views

Andrew 403905

Hello,

I realize the Steady State Cycle (SSC) is no longer used in the new training, but I wanted to try it out anyway.

I know all the basics of it but I didn't really find any info on RIR, Reps in Reserve, for all the sets.

I figure since the whole point of a SSC is for it to be hard in the beginning and get easier later, it's probably going to be something like 0-1 RIR in the beginning, but I wanted to see if that was not the case.

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/11/2021 at 1:59 AM, Andrew A. Smith said:

Hello,

I realize the Steady State Cycle (SSC) is no longer used in the new training, but I wanted to try it out anyway.

I know all the basics of it but I didn't really find any info on RIR, Reps in Reserve, for all the sets.

I figure since the whole point of a SSC is for it to be hard in the beginning and get easier later, it's probably going to be something like 0-1 RIR in the beginning, but I wanted to see if that was not the case.

Hi Andrew, the SSC is structured for more advanced athletes and it has no specific RIR, it depends on the goal of the moment.