Getting Started

Started by Lukas Egger, December 3, 2021 · 3 Replies · 2,083 Views

Lukas Egger

Hi,

I just got the AllAccess Pass. I made this "BeginnerAssessment" and now it told me, to start with Foundation 2. I am now not really sure, should I really skip the Beginner step ? I can do Ring-MU, Straddle-BL, Elevated-PPU, an above 90°-L-sit with paraletts and 5 clean Archer PU per Side.

Also the volume seems so low for a workout, right ?

So I guess I just follow this Foundation 2 and core regime and increase the difficulty if it is to easy, but I have no experience with some of the mobility drills. So just take it slow ?

Also what does the 5x5r@ in the rep annotation mean ? I guess per side.

Is it recommended to add the Handstand Beginner Routine ?

 

Sincerely,

Lukas

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Lukas Egger said:

Hi,

I just got the AllAccess Pass. I made this "BeginnerAssessment" and now it told me, to start with Foundation 2. I am now not really sure, should I really skip the Beginner step ? I can do Ring-MU, Straddle-BL, Elevated-PPU, an above 90°-L-sit with paraletts and 5 clean Archer PU per Side.

Also the volume seems so low for a workout, right ?

So I guess I just follow this Foundation 2 and core regime and increase the difficulty if it is to easy, but I have no experience with some of the mobility drills. So just take it slow ?

Also what does the 5x5r@ in the rep annotation mean ? I guess per side.

Is it recommended to add the Handstand Beginner Routine ?

 

Sincerely,

Lukas

Hi Lukas, the volume of foundations is usually enough for the first 2-3 years of practice, if you feel that you have more energy you can add something at a lower intensity and higher reps. 

The mobility work is necessary in order to guarantee shoulder functional range of motion. i mean for example that f your shoulder flexion is limited probably you will have a deficit engaging the lats in more advanced pulling variations.

5x5r@ is each side..correct.

If you want to perform one day the 90°...maybe the handstand is a good option.

Lukas Egger

Ok,

so I see where it takes me from here.

But it is ok to work from this point onward ? How would it be if I am not able to do a mobility drill, but at the same time at the end of a progression.

I guess, with your explanation, I should stay there until I can do the drill right ?4

And why is my workout different on my desktop then on my phone `?

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/4/2021 at 5:08 PM, Lukas Egger said:

Ok,

so I see where it takes me from here.

But it is ok to work from this point onward ? How would it be if I am not able to do a mobility drill, but at the same time at the end of a progression.

I guess, with your explanation, I should stay there until I can do the drill right ?4

And why is my workout different on my desktop then on my phone `?

Hi Lukas, ideally the Gb system is made for having the same mastery of a strength element and ut's paired mobility before moving on. If you are strong you should not have a problem revisiting previous elements, mastering the mobility elements, and maintaining the actual level of strength.

For the last question, i suggest contacting the support from the main menù of the Gb course portal.