Wrist push-ups: level one??

Started by Michael Baucum Baucum, August 2, 2021 · 4 Replies · 1,556 Views

Michael Baucum Baucum

Hi. I took the quiz for How fit and flexible I currently am, and the results told me to start with the level one workout routine. However, I was surprised to find I couldn’t even do a couple of the movements in the very first weighted mobility session, namely the wrist push-ups. Does this mean I’d better go back to the intro level routine?

 Thanks

 Michael

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Michael Baucum Baucum said:

Hi. I took the quiz for How fit and flexible I currently am, and the results told me to start with the level one workout routine. However, I was surprised to find I couldn’t even do a couple of the movements in the very first weighted mobility session, namely the wrist push-ups. Does this mean I’d better go back to the intro level routine?

 Thanks

 Michael

Hi Michael, before saying more the best thing is checking technique. if the technique is bad you can find difficulties doing 10 pushups or 10 rows... so use the private forum session ti post a short video of your execution.

Jessica Simonton

I just ran into the very same thing today, too! Everything else was doable except for those wrist pushups. Would love to hear others input on this…and I didn’t know there was a private forum to post technique videos! That will be helpful!

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Jessica Simonton said:

I just ran into the very same thing today, too! Everything else was doable except for those wrist pushups. Would love to hear others input on this…and I didn’t know there was a private forum to post technique videos! That will be helpful!

Hey Jessica, if you are logged in the forum is name GST course forum, it is accessible only for those who has a GB course, then enter the "moderate section" to access the handstand one course subforum

Michael Baucum Baucum
12 hours ago, Jessica Simonton said:

I just ran into the very same thing today, too! Everything else was doable except for those wrist pushups. Would love to hear others input on this…and I didn’t know there was a private forum to post technique videos! That will be helpful!

Jessica, if it encourages you at all, I was able to start doing several wrist pushups at a time one week after I made this thread. I can't swap between the fist and wrist contact like the guy in the video yet though. So it seems to have more to do with flexibility.

Be careful. It's a dangerous move and, in my honest opinion, one that doesn't seem to serve any purpose toward achieving the later gymnastic movements. 

I've started ignoring any video that doesn't start with the word "Foundation". You get more bang for your buck just doing the Foundation workouts, cooling down with some common sense stretching, and ignoring the time-wasting fluff.