This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100610

Started by Coach Sommer, June 10, 2010 · 2 Replies · 1,107 Views

Coach Sommer

Perform the following:

3x5 Tempo SLS

3x5 Tempo NLC

3x6 Tempo Circular Archups

Finish the workout with 3x10 Hip Extensions.

notes:

1) Rest 3-5 minutes between sets.

2) Perform 5 repetitions of SLS on the right leg and then immediately on the left leg prior to resting.

3) If SLS are too challenging for you, adjust your Xtreme Rings down to shoulder height and use them to assist as needed with your SLS.

4) Perform the SLS, NLC and the Circular Archups with a tempo of 313. This is read as a 3 second descent, a 1 second pause and then a 3 second ascent.

5) If possible, add weight as necessary for the SLS & Circular Archups to make them challenging for 5 repetitions.

6) Use just barely enough assistance from your arms to control the Tempo of the NLC.

7) As noted in the essay referenced above, the first set of hip extensions is forward, the second is sideward and the third is circular.

Alvaro

I had to perform the SLS with some help hanging from a ladder because I´m afraid of my left knee (I have some troubles with my meniscus), but I feel better than other times. The NLC I did it in a leg curl machine as I have nobody to help me with this one. The circular archups with 15 kilos are tough!.

Blairbob

An interesting note is the circular archups seemed to release a bit of my right hip that has been out of alignment. My friend worked on it a bit tonight before the WOD and I worked quite a bit of it on Tuesday night besides here and there with mobility but the circular archup really seemed to release something in my lower back off to the right (since it was the right hip that was causing me gimpyness).

Of course/unfortunately, I did 5 reps in each direction on the circular archups and a 5-1-5 tempo. Oops.