Hello all,
I’ve just signed up but am unsure about my programming in Foundations.
until now I’ve been working from coaches book Building the gymnastics body’. In it he states you should choose a different push,pull, leg, and core exercise each day to work each plane of motion. I’ve also paired each body weight movement with a progression from the fundamental static positions.
My current training looks like this:
1- bk lever - L chin, planche-Hespu, fr lever- pistol squat, l sit- leg lift
2- bk lever - xr Bulgarian row, planche - xr Bulgarian push up, fr lever weighted lunges , l sit 1/2 wipers
3- bk lever- curl, planche- pb dip, fr lever - weighted squats, l sit - body lever
So for example you can see I cover one pull one row and one curl each week.
However, fundamentals splits upper and lower and appears to be more linear in its progressions- working on just one plane of motion within say push and pull.
I like that my current training over 3 days allows time for other sports etc and covers a range of skills. But fundamentals would take 4 days and cover less planes of motion.
So really my question is: which structure is better or Is one superior? Is there a reason you should choose one or the other. Or does it come down to individual goals/ abilities?
thanks,
Dave