Day one flop

Started by Patrick Wallace, February 6, 2021 · 2 Replies · 1,809 Views

Patrick Wallace

Hello,

I have just signed up and did my skills assessment which recommended I start at Level 1. I tried the first warm up and weighted mobility classes but I am nowhere near flexible/strong enough to complete all of the movements. For example the weighted windmill and pancake press good morning and, wrist push ups etc etc. Also, it looks like I need at least a barbell, some dumbbells, several weights and blocks, which I was not expecting. I do have 6 kettlebells, dip apparatus and rings.

For some background I'm 31, athletic (although garbage by gymnastic standards haha) can do 10+ pull ups easily, touch my toes, practice BJJ 3 times a week and do some yoga/mobility work.

Would starting from the Intro section be a better idea? Or just keep struggling at Level 1? What about all the equipment, does everyone just shell out for that on top of the subscription?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Patrick Wallace said:

Hello,

I have just signed up and did my skills assessment which recommended I start at Level 1. I tried the first warm up and weighted mobility classes but I am nowhere near flexible/strong enough to complete all of the movements. For example the weighted windmill and pancake press good morning and, wrist push ups etc etc. Also, it looks like I need at least a barbell, some dumbbells, several weights and blocks, which I was not expecting. I do have 6 kettlebells, dip apparatus and rings.

For some background I'm 31, athletic (although garbage by gymnastic standards haha) can do 10+ pull ups easily, touch my toes, practice BJJ 3 times a week and do some yoga/mobility work.

Would starting from the Intro section be a better idea? Or just keep struggling at Level 1? What about all the equipment, does everyone just shell out for that on top of the subscription?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

HI Patrick it depends on how much you are struggling...my suggestion is to use the private forum to post some "form check".

Patrick Wallace

Thank you for the advice!