This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Arm Planche Hold

Started by JONATHAN F SKUBIS, November 9, 2020 · 1 Replies · 67 Views

JONATHAN F SKUBIS

I'm having trouble with the bent arm Planche holds that come up in the mobility exercises. I've been doing the programming for a year and have worked my way up to these steps, however nothing prior to this point has seemed to prepare a person to hover their body a few inches off the ground while while straddling their legs. There has been no static holds in the programming in the down position. What I would like to know is how is it expected that seemingly overnight a person is expected to now be able to hold their bodyweight in a position that has not been trained for static holds? It seems to be a flaw in the programming as nothing to this point has cultivated the arm strength in order to be able to do so. These mobility exercises seem to be more of a strength exercise at this point because of this. Any advice on how to correct for this would be much appreciated. All of the programming up to this point has seemed quite brilliant and now it's like slamming into a brick wall. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jonathan, at this link there is a discussion of the "bent arm planche hold": bent arm planche hold where I have personally gave suggestion on how to approach it.