This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A2 push up

Started by Vanessa Hunt, October 18, 2020 · 30 Replies · 348 Views

Vanessa Hunt

@David Pardy 340028 thanks for your post and letting me know the strategies that have helped you. I will incorporate and see how it feels.

P/u will be the end of me. Am glad to hear others are struggling along with them also :)

It's never a waste working on deficits, even though the process can be super frustrating. I hope you get results with the restore and fundamentals program.

 

 

 

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro 

I've videoed my p/u training session today (I don't yet have a mirror). Working int/ext focus and  slowing movement down and aiming for depression throughout ascending part of movement = perfect repetition only....Im hoping anyway! On reviewing each vid I'm looking for shoulders elevating... - Feedback please. Thank you 

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi Alessandro 

I've videoed my p/u training session today (I don't yet have a mirror). Working int/ext focus and  slowing movement down and aiming for depression throughout ascending part of movement = perfect repetition only....Im hoping anyway! On reviewing each vid I'm looking for shoulders elevating... - Feedback please. Thank you 

 

I've watched around the same moment of the execution randomly in the reps:

- first video: 16'' mark

- second video 2'' mark

-third video: 29'' mark.

you have the mirror, twutn your phone and use the front camera to watch yourself. 

actually you must stop couple of cm before the point of "no-return" that is the same on every reps and check for the depression. i'm 100% sure that depression is going to be lost.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro 

I've decided it's worth my while regressing back to incline p/u and beginning from there.  

I just played a bit with this today ( I don't have a mirror yet) so was going by internal feel and reviewing vid. 

I rest a bit at bottom to focus set before slow ascending so it's not touch and go. I don't think I'm seeing that kick of elevation on the moment of ascending??? What do you think? 

 

Will incorporate any feedback into next weeks training.

Thanks

Vanessa Hunt

Hello looking for feedback on regressed form post above for this week's training. Many thanks

Alessandro Mainente

DEFINTELY BETTER!