This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL pe5

Started by Reilly Herbst, September 21, 2020 · 34 Replies · 397 Views

Jeffrey Bittner

You're off to a great start, Reilly! Remember to keep your knees straight, elbows pulled back, and head in a neutral position as you lift.

Reilly Herbst

For mastery is it 10 reps per side?

Jeffrey Bittner

Yes

Reilly Herbst

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work, Reilly! I would like to see you get some more twist as you lift. If you can, try to slow your reps down just like you did on your regular arch ups. Keep trying to get your head in a neutral position so that you can open your chest completely.

Marcin Chmiel

Neutral position? You mean head always looking for ground? 

Jeffrey Bittner

Solid work, Reilly. Would it be possible to get a front view of your PE as well?

Reilly Herbst

yes! I'll film from the front view next workout.

Reilly Herbst

front view

Jeffrey Bittner

Try to increase the amount of twist in your spine as you lift. Currently you are twisting more on your right side than on your left. Keep up the great work!

Reilly Herbst

 

Reilly Herbst

Just making sure my forms solid.

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

 

Have you tried some Reach Underneath stretch before beginning this variation?

Bill Marr

Hey Riley: Great suggestion from Alex. I'm on the same progression as you for SL and wasn't twisting as much as required. Last week I added Reach Underneath to my Daily Limber and have already noticed an increase in range of motion I did the same thing a few months back with the Bent Vertical Lunge from the FS course--added it to my Daily Limber--and it's amazing what it has done for the depth of my front splits.

Alex Simon

@Bill Marr What a great idea to add some exercises from the stretch series to aid in your progression in the foundation series.

I am going to steel that idea from you ;)

Reilly Herbst

Making sure my form looks good

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

Making sure my form looks good

hey Rilly, we have 45° of twist that is enough...maybe a bit more of range of motion past the parallel...

Reilly Herbst

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

 

my impression...or you tend to twist less on one side?

Reilly Herbst

I noticed I twist more on one side, how can I correct this. I’m the twisting the most that I can on all reps.

Reilly Herbst

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/10/2022 at 5:07 PM, Reilly Herbst said:

 

hey Reilly...do you find any differencea in the "reach underneath" stretch between left and right?

Reilly Herbst

No I do not.