HANDSTAND 1 & LEVEL 1

Started by JAY ROACH, September 2, 2020 · 1 Replies · 2,164 Views

JAY ROACH

The level one schedule is pretty full (stretch series included). If I wanted to add handstand 1, what day would you recommend? The old recommended schedule (coaches recommendations for foundations) had upper, lower and core only once a week with each of the stretch series once a week. Handstands were on Saturday. The new level 1 schedule incorporates several new workouts, as well as, upper, lower and core twice a week. However, only one of the stretch series is done each week. I liked the idea of performing each of the stretch series once a week (as suggested in the follow along videos). I am coming off an injury an will be starting level one soon (have been working fundamentals, restore, bands and intermediate to death). Would you recommend substituting each stretch series once a week and limit upper, lower and core to once a week? Or, simply stick to the program and the stretch series will catch up eventually (perhaps in level 2)?

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, JAY ROACH said:

The level one schedule is pretty full (stretch series included). If I wanted to add handstand 1, what day would you recommend? The old recommended schedule (coaches recommendations for foundations) had upper, lower and core only once a week with each of the stretch series once a week. Handstands were on Saturday. The new level 1 schedule incorporates several new workouts, as well as, upper, lower and core twice a week. However, only one of the stretch series is done each week. I liked the idea of performing each of the stretch series once a week (as suggested in the follow along videos). I am coming off an injury an will be starting level one soon (have been working fundamentals, restore, bands and intermediate to death). Would you recommend substituting each stretch series once a week and limit upper, lower and core to once a week? Or, simply stick to the program and the stretch series will catch up eventually (perhaps in level 2)?

HI Jay, if you are coming out from an injury stay with upper/lower/core work once a week and the focus should be on recovering strength on the injured limb and the affected range of motion. i suppose you used a proper rehab protocol.