Heels together when kneeling

Started by Elizabeth Smith 361419, August 12, 2020 · 1 Replies · 1,623 Views

Elizabeth Smith 361419

For the kneeling ankle stretches, I am quite far from being able to keep ankles together. Do you know what is causing this? Are there stretches or mobility work to focus specifically on what's holding me back? Or should I just keep pulling them together as much as I can? 

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Elizabeth Smith 361419 said:

For the kneeling ankle stretches, I am quite far from being able to keep ankles together. Do you know what is causing this? Are there stretches or mobility work to focus specifically on what's holding me back? Or should I just keep pulling them together as much as I can? 

Thank you!

HI Elizabeth, it can be due to tight tibialis anterior, very common for people who drive, walk or sit a lot.

I was given a suggestion in this post....take a look