Equipment Substitutions

Started by Christopher McCormick, July 16, 2020 · 1 Replies · 1,554 Views

Christopher McCormick

I am just getting started with the program, and am a little limited on the equipment I have available at home during lockdown. I have a Rogue pull-up bar and rings, but the bar is near the ceiling, so I will not be able to do any work that includes going over the bar, or single-bar exercises like Single Bar Dips. Since this limits the exercises I can follow along with in Level 2, should I just keep upping the intensity of my ring dips? I may get a lower wall-mounted bar (Rogue Matador and “kid’s pull-up bar) as I progress further, but I’ve maxed out my home gym budget for now.

Thank you!
Chris

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Christopher McCormick said:

I am just getting started with the program, and am a little limited on the equipment I have available at home during lockdown. I have a Rogue pull-up bar and rings, but the bar is near the ceiling, so I will not be able to do any work that includes going over the bar, or single-bar exercises like Single Bar Dips. Since this limits the exercises I can follow along with in Level 2, should I just keep upping the intensity of my ring dips? I may get a lower wall-mounted bar (Rogue Matador and “kid’s pull-up bar) as I progress further, but I’ve maxed out my home gym budget for now.

Thank you!
Chris

HI Chris, temporary you can use rings BUT take an elastic band and wrap the rings together so that the instability is almost zero.