Confused about difficulty

Started by Mark Dettmer, April 6, 2020 · 4 Replies · 1,965 Views

Mark Dettmer

Hi and apologies if this has been asked before.   I'm confused about difficulty levels and how/whether I should adjust them.  For example, assisted squats are much too easy.  I can easily do a full squat.   How do I adjust so that my program shows the more difficult exercises?  Or am I supposed to keep doing the easier ones until it changes?

Cheers.

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Mark Dettmer said:

Hi and apologies if this has been asked before.   I'm confused about difficulty levels and how/whether I should adjust them.  For example, assisted squats are much too easy.  I can easily do a full squat.   How do I adjust so that my program shows the more difficult exercises?  Or am I supposed to keep doing the easier ones until it changes?

Cheers.

Hi Mark, the solution is simply to master one exercise after the other and not jump at the end of the progression.

Specifically, you need to master the PE and the IM in its full range fo motion before moving on.

Mark Dettmer
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Mark, the solution is simply to master one exercise after the other and not jump at the end of the progression.

Specifically, you need to master the PE and the IM in its full range fo motion before moving on.

Thanks for the reply.  I understand, but that's exactly what I mean.  I have already mastered the easier exercises.  I can do them easily for several reps.  What do I do?

Alessandro Mainente

My suggestion is posting from the first exercise a video of both PE and IM.many times happens that students move forward and somewhere in the future exercises they lack of detail. detail and error which could have been corrected if a video had previously been posted.

Gabriel Nunez

Mark,

It is more the quality of strengthening and mobility exercises versus the quantity. Do them with strict form for both PE and IM, and you will see continued improvements later on when most plateau. It happened to me, so I started over after getting to Foundations 3.