I've been doing the Level 1 program for a few months now, and I am getting close to Level 2. It has been pretty fantastic so far. I am opening up and getting more mobility in my legs and shoulders. When I started, I couldn't go past my shins in forward fold and I couldn't do side lunge at all without hurting my groin. Now, I can touch the floor during forward fold fairly easily and no pain during side lunges anymore. Also, my grip when I do shoulder dislocates has narrowed a little bit too.
Anyway, my ultimate goal using these programs is to get a press handstand. While my mobility is definitely improving, I am still pretty tight particularly in my adductors, hip flexors, and low back, and far away from being mobile enough for the press handstand.
So my question is should I start adding in the handstand workouts now and build my handstand alongside my mobility, or just continue with Level 2 to improve my mobility and then add handstands later? If I add handstands now, how many times per week would be appropriate? Also, what's the best exercise to help release lower back tightness?
Thanks!
Greg