This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

TBSSE17 Elevated bridge form check

Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, March 4, 2020 · 29 Replies · 330 Views

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hi everyone, this is the first time I have achieved to push into the position from the floor and not by handstanding into the wall and lowering down.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q98audbn0pbgoab/VID_20200304_191518_596(0).mp4?dl=0

It is far away from a good form, the problems I can see are:

- Knees are not together

- Shoulder is kilometers away from wrist vertical line

- Legs not extended

At the moment I try to hold this position as much as I can, and then I train it as I have done until now by doing a handstand to the wall and going lowering down. Should I just train now pushing from the floor at video's height until I perfect the form, even tho I cannot hold it for almost 10 seconds?

And also, I feel the abs stretching A LOT, is that ok?

Any other tip would be great!

 

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Hi everyone, this is the first time I have achieved to push into the position from the floor and not by handstanding into the wall and lowering down.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q98audbn0pbgoab/VID_20200304_191518_596(0).mp4?dl=0

It is far away from a good form, the problems I can see are:

- Knees are not together

- Shoulder is kilometers away from wrist vertical line

- Legs not extended

At the moment I try to hold this position as much as I can, and then I train it as I have done until now by doing a handstand to the wall and going lowering down. Should I just train now pushing from the floor at video's height until I perfect the form, even tho I cannot hold it for almost 10 seconds?

And also, I feel the abs stretching A LOT, is that ok?

Any other tip would be great!

 

Hi Mario, i have only one suggestion: elevate your feet and straddle your legs.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
47 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Mario, i have only one suggestion: elevate your feet and straddle your legs.

Ok, how high should I elevate them?

Alessandro Mainente

At the point where, if you pushup and you extend your arms and spine up to your limit,  the projection of the shoulders to the floor is at 5-10 cm from the wrists.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
On 3/5/2020 at 9:19 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

At the point where, if you pushup and you extend your arms and spine up to your limit,  the projection of the shoulders to the floor is at 5-10 cm from the wrists

Wow, elevating my feet and straddling makes me stick on the floor and not being able to push up. Gonna have to spend some time and hard work here

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
On 3/4/2020 at 10:29 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Mario, i have only one suggestion: elevate your feet and straddle your legs.

Second time I try and I am just glued to the floor, should I scale it by handstanding against the wall, straddling and lowering? Or is there a better way

Alessandro Mainente

IT is an option if you do not have the stallbar.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Ok, so now I will keep working on this step until I achieve 60 seconds, the next step would be the same with legs together?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes.....then lower and straddle again....long process my friend.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

If I feel it too much in the lower back even trying to hold PPT is it a sign that I should decrease the angle with the wall or is it ok @Alessandro Mainente ?

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

If I feel it too much in the lower back even trying to hold PPT is it a sign that I should decrease the angle with the wall or is it ok @Alessandro Mainente ?

YOu do not have to do PTT. the bridge is a total spine extension.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

I have seen again the technique tip and scaling video explaining the exercise and he mentions PPT at 1:17, but ok, no PPT. Where should I feel the stretch the most? Because I feel it a lot on the lower back and I don't know if that is right

Alessandro Mainente

The PPT is a suggestion for those who have already reached a decent level of general spine extension and in this way, you can focus more on the thoracic part BUT if you lack on the lower back is not yet the time to focus on the PPT.

The sensation on the lower back can be due to excessive tightness in the lower back. BUt you should adjust the feet position so that you feel the upper back and/or abs.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Hello again, in TB series as I cannot perform shoulder taps neither bridge push ups I perform bridge while in the follow along video they r doing taps and PUs.

Is this a good idea or should I stop my TB series right after bridge?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Mario, have you tried to move lower on a stall bar after kicking into the handstand?

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Mario, have you tried to move lower on a stall bar after kicking into the handstand?

I do not have a stall bar, I use a plain wall. I will try to go lower next week and see if I can do PU somehow

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

I do not have a stall bar, I use a plain wall. I will try to go lower next week and see if I can do PU somehow

Yes, for sure.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
On 7/10/2020 at 10:46 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Yes, for sure.

Here is a try of bridge push ups, i know the form is not good but I think is quite good:

Aftee the series I tried to perform bridge with legs extended and this is how it looks(attached)

Should I start doing bridge with this height or keep on the wall?

IMG_20200715_230538_466.jpg

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Pd: I couldnt do hip taps, my hands are glued into the floor

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Mario, can you post also a front view?

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
On 7/16/2020 at 12:38 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Mario, can you post also a front view?

 

I have narrowed the grip since the last video

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

 

I have narrowed the grip since the last video

Hey Mario, before reducing the height fo the support i would reduce the hand's distance.

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Mario, before reducing the height fo the support i would reduce the hand's distance.

Ok, I will go back to the wall then, shoulder width is the goal?