This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hs pe4

Started by Reilly Herbst, January 18, 2020 · 46 Replies · 501 Views

Jeffrey Bittner

Learning to breathe while holding these positions can be tricky. Try taking frequent, short, shallow breaths almost as if you were panting like a dog.

Reilly Herbst

I’ll give it a try, thank you!

Reilly Herbst

https://youtu.be/3SC4HM0EWPk

I’ve been having trouble keeping ppt during the whole set. Is their anything I can do to fix this?

Alessandro Mainente
2 minutes ago, Reilly Herbst said:

https://youtu.be/3SC4HM0EWPk

I’ve been having trouble keeping ppt during the whole set. Is their anything I can do to fix this?

The form is ok but i suggest you still practicing the breath.

Reilly Herbst

Ok I’ll keep working on it

Reilly Herbst

Have been stuck on this progression for around 4 months and I feel like I haven’t made any improvements. Am I doing something wrong or is their other things I need to start to add to improve my ppt or shoulder mobility?

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

Have been stuck on this progression for around 4 months and I feel like I haven’t made any improvements. Am I doing something wrong or is their other things I need to start to add to improve my ppt or shoulder mobility?

Well I seriously think that your problem is not shoulder...but hips. try to bent the knees of 10 degrees and tell me if you can hold the lower back on the floor.

Reilly Herbst

I will thank you

Reilly Herbst

Your so right, it’s my hips

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

Your so right, it’s my hips

And this because i'm a bad coach with 1 thousand eyes....try like that: 1 set of vertical lunge from front split stretch series before doing this exercise BUT move the knee away from the wall the necessary for making the exercise with PTT and hips extension. no lower back arch is allowed.

Reilly Herbst

Thank you so much for your help.

Reilly Herbst

I posted the vertical lunge in the front split form check. 

Alessandro Mainente

Can you feel the difference after the hips flexor stretch?

Reilly Herbst

A little bit, I still feel like it’s so hard to get my back flat on the ground.

Reilly Herbst

Testing for mastery, the vertical lunge has made a huge difference.

Jeffrey Bittner

Great improvement! I think one or two more sessions on this one and you'll be good to go. In the meantime, keep up with the vertical lunge to loosen up those hip flexors even more.

Reilly Herbst

Sounds good thank you 

Alessandro Mainente

Very nice....we got the problem.

Reilly Herbst

Hey Alessandro, I’m training H1 on the same day as core should I train H1 before my core work?

Alessandro Mainente

UNtil you do not include free handstand or very technical movement you can insert the H1 after the core work.

Reilly Herbst

I feel like this improved even more since last session. The vertical lunge is never leaving my warmup!

Jeffrey Bittner

Awesome job!