This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hs pe3

Started by Reilly Herbst, December 3, 2019 · 34 Replies · 398 Views

Jeffrey Bittner

You're off to a solid start. Remember to squeeze your glutes during your PE. I recommend dropping the weight while you focus on your position during the iM. Once your position and ROM are locked in you can slowly start to add weight again.

Reilly Herbst

Thank you, for the IM do I need more shoulder flexion?

Alessandro Mainente

Absolutely yes.

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

More work to do. Actually you are doing the common mistake of reducing the grip too early. on the opposite, the grip is adjusted in function of one goal: reaching full shoulder flexion. below:

-red line: you actual shoulder flexion;

-yellow line: idea alignment that begins from hips up to hands

on a single straight line.

shfl.png

Reilly Herbst

Thank you so much, I’ll widen the grip to reach full shoulder flexion.

Reilly Herbst

Do I need to have full shoulder flexion on Hs pe1 IM also?

Jeffrey Bittner

Yes

Reilly Herbst

Ok, so should I go back to pe1 because I don’t think I have full shoulder flexion. Or should I put pe1 IM in my warmup? And do a couple sets of pe1 IM before I start my pe3 work?

Alessandro Mainente

Well, IM1 should be a warmup for you. do you have already mastered the IM1?

Reilly Herbst

Yeah I posted a mastery check for it, but I didn’t post a side view video, just a back view.

Here it is again.

 

Reilly Herbst

I’m just worried I didn’t reach full shoulder flexion on IM1

Alessandro Mainente

Flexion is a range of motion that is diagnosed on the fontal plane so if you do not post a side view.................

Reilly Herbst

 

Reilly Herbst

Here’s a side view

Alessandro Mainente
10 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

 

Sincerely i think that your biggest limitation is your hips. when you cross your legs they are so damn high, if you cannot move "inside" the hips when you lean, your spine will flex more more more and more and as it flexes you need more shoulder mobility. put something under your butt, but consider to do much more hips mobility.

Reilly Herbst

Ok I’ll put a yoga block under my but, I’ve been an ice hockey goalie for 15 years (almost my whole life) so I have very very tight hips . I added butterfly stretch where i sit on a block and diamond frog into my daily limber. Also I’m doing ms once a week. Anything else for hip mobility you would recommend?

Reilly Herbst

would the IM in f1 sls progressions be good to add to my schedule?

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/7/2019 at 5:48 PM, Reilly Herbst said:

Ok I’ll put a yoga block under my but, I’ve been an ice hockey goalie for 15 years (almost my whole life) so I have very very tight hips . I added butterfly stretch where i sit on a block and diamond frog into my daily limber. Also I’m doing ms once a week. Anything else for hip mobility you would recommend?

for now is ok. your hips are very locked. what type of sport did you do in the past? are you used to sit on a chair a lot of hours in the day?

Reilly Herbst

Yes, lots of sitting in school, lots of hours sitting  in cars and bus rides on my way to games and practices. I’ve only played hockey, especially goalie is a lot on the hips.

Alessandro Mainente

So....sitting and running on the ice....the perfects ingredients for locked hips...i understand you!

Reilly Herbst

Yes! I started doing the stretch series 4 years ago and I’ve noticed a huge difference,  my daily limber looks like: diamond frog, elevated butterfly, kneeling Achilles, and vertical lunge. Should I had anything else? I know it’s going to take time and I need to be patient. 

Jeffrey Bittner

I recommend also adding in some swivel hips. You could also use the Hips, Quads, and Hamstring Restore courses as part of your warm up or cool down if needed.

Reilly Herbst

Awesome, I’ll start adding those, thank you for your help!