Hey all...I just posted a new workout plan in the corresponding board section. It's here. If you're lookin for something to do, I'd really appreciate some feedback over there. But in the meantime, this post is focusing on building the base strength necessary to start training the FL and BL progressions with straight arms. And the BL progressions with palms up, specifically.
My tendons weren't ready and the arm strength not there, and I paid the price with a mild injury.
So here's my question....in my FSPs, I'm trying to build straight arm strength by slowly progressing to a RTO, arms away, position in ring support. On top of that, I tried to do some German Hangs with palms up, and even those were impossible, so I'm just starting with inverted hangs in full lay (rings neutral) and working toward inverted hang, tuck position with palms down.
While all this is going on, I'll still be working the ring pushups, ring dips, but I'll be ending those reps in a fully locked position with rings neutral until I add some strength and progress to RTO. In the ring curls, it's the same...I'll be doing ring curls with neutral position and hold off on turning palms down until I get there in the FSPs.
I hate to put aside the lever work cuz I loved doing it. But I think it's best to wait until I can at least hold a German Hang with palms up for a good 15 seconds before going back.
Am I on the right track?
Thanks,
Jerry