This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
C2: Straddle up & jefferson curl form check
Started by MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ, November 4, 2019 · 29 Replies · 413 Views
Hey mario, not bad. i like the straddle and i like the compression. now think about lifting the feet and not the knees. it helps to reduce the knee flexion. I would like to see the JC from the side.
Ok, I will upload JC next week
15 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:
Hey Mario, as i have already mentioned in many posts regarding the JC , at the beginning you MUST hold the weight closer to the body, this leads to more gradual spine adaptation and more safe condition.
My suggestion is still searching and reading the already existing posts on the forum because tons of information is presented for an element like JC (for example) and from here you can learn how to be more autonomous.
Here is another try of JC, side view:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tduugzz00dhkg6/VID_20191201_230353_324.mp4?dl=0
And front view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xa4szxawe0grm0c/VID_20191201_230724_282.mp4?dl=0
Nice improvement, Mario. It looks like you can get a little bit more ROM in your lower Thoracic and Lumbar spine. As you lower into the pike position, try not to stick your butt backwards as a counterbalance. Your goal is to keep the glutes over top of your feet.
I know it is quite dark, but I hope it is enough to see what is needed, I will try to upload a better one next week. I have currently 2.5kg plate, can I increase it?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2n4hfckp3dgflzr/IMG_20200112_210949_835.mp4?dl=0
55 minutes ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:I know it is quite dark, but I hope it is enough to see what is needed, I will try to upload a better one next week. I have currently 2.5kg plate, can I increase it?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2n4hfckp3dgflzr/IMG_20200112_210949_835.mp4?dl=0
Yes, you shuìould. try to keep the plate closer to the body as long as possible during the descent and as soon as possible when you reverse the movement.
How much weight is the goal for JC?
Bumping to make sure it is read
On 2/8/2020 at 8:09 PM, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:How much weight is the goal for JC?
before moving on the 50% of your bodyweight.
38 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:before moving on the 50% of your bodyweight.
Its going to be fun to carry with almost 40kg to the calisthenics park and place the plates into the wooden stick I use
Just now, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:Its going to be fun to carry with almost 40kg to the calisthenics park and place de plates into the wooden wooden stick I use
![]()
You can consider to do the exercise separately at home or use, for example, elastic band.
Currently with 31.25% of my bodyweight, making sure my form is ok on JC:
Front view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2kictz1p3z1l8g/IMG_20200329_220858_450.mp4?dl=0
Side view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4izm7ekau6vj2jf/VID_20200329_220854_349.mp4?dl=0
Bump
1 hour ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:Bump
Hey Mario, next time feel free to tag me.
well can i suggest you use 2 chairs and grab the weight with the hands? so that you can compress more.
4 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Hey Mario, next time feel free to tag me.
well can i suggest you use 2 chairs and grab the weight with the hands? so that you can compress more.
In the video I am using 5 plates (1x15kg, 2x2.5kg, 2x1.25kg) so I cannot grab them without the stick, I could do it with de 15kg plate. I think I did not understand the idea of using two chairs, should I put the chairs with a little separation in order to create a gap between them where the plates could go through to compress more? By doing this the legs won't be together
Because with 2 chairs you can hold the weight closer to you if you do not use the wood bar. it's enough to straddle the legs of 10°, it does not make a substantial difference and also you are not limitesd by the single chair on further compression.
32 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Because with 2 chairs you can hold the weight closer to you if you do not use the wood bar. it's enough to straddle the legs of 10°, it does not make a substantial difference and also you are not limitesd by the single chair on further compression.
So, should I decrease the weight and do it as you said with the 15kg plate?
No, you can hold this weight a simply try with 2 chairs if you can.
Here it is as you requested:
SIDE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6ybgh38yzkqxf9/XiaoYing_Video_1586155231431.mp4?dl=0
Front(video stopped recording and it didnt ger the 5 reps): https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4wm7ylwqp4a2k7/XiaoYing_Video_1586155314474.mp4?dl=0
@Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:Here it is as you requested:
SIDE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p6ybgh38yzkqxf9/XiaoYing_Video_1586155231431.mp4?dl=0
Front(video stopped recording and it didnt ger the 5 reps): https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4wm7ylwqp4a2k7/XiaoYing_Video_1586155314474.mp4?dl=0
@Alessandro Mainente
You
got
it.
Nice work Mario.
PE form check please:
Side view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7tquz7r3ht9n3i/XiaoYing_Video_1587323092169.mp4?dl=0
Front: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfwn585o8oavx7d/XiaoYing_Video_1587323207376.mp4?dl=0
3 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:PE form check please:
Side view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7tquz7r3ht9n3i/XiaoYing_Video_1587323092169.mp4?dl=0
Front: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfwn585o8oavx7d/XiaoYing_Video_1587323207376.mp4?dl=0
Nothing to say Mario, they ar really good.