This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

C5 Planche Lean

Started by Vanessa Hunt, October 21, 2019 · 48 Replies · 675 Views

Dennis Mowry
On 9/25/2021 at 11:35 PM, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches

I've been focusing on getting more lean before progressing with time. How is it looking? Once your happy with lean I will progress with time.

Thanks

 

Hi Vanessa,

I can totally understand. My humble suggest would would be to scale it down, to the knees, or more vertical angle, to perfect doable for the rest of the time. 

Looks great and inspiring to me,

:Dennis

On 9/25/2021 at 11:35 PM, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches

I've been focusing on getting more lean before progressing with time. How is it looking? Once your happy with lean I will progress with time.

Thanks

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Dennis Mowry said:

Hi Vanessa,

I can totally understand. My humble suggest would would be to scale it down, to the knees, or more vertical angle, to perfect doable for the rest of the time. 

Looks great and inspiring to me,

:Dennis

 

Nicely done. my suggestion is to use a RR approach when you have a low number of seconds. RR is Rest Redistribution. Instead of doing a set of 4'' or 5'' and then rest you can redistribute some additioanal rest in between seconds, this means that a set of 4'' becomes 1'' hold, 10-15'' pause, 1'' hold etc...how many hold? a suggest the number you need to accumulate the total 4 or 5''. in this way you can do the same amount of work but with more quality staying away from failure.

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks Alessandro. I will try this approach and post video for feedback. 

 

 

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro

I tried to follow the protocol you suggested above.  What do you think?

Only doing it for one session my first impression was that with this movement and being a beginner I've got a lot of things going on in my mind form wise that I'm ticking off and trying to ensure I'm maintaining within a very short hold time. I didn't find that easy and wonder if quality suffered?

I did this protocol for 4 sets.  Just out of interest I've read up a little on R R, how does this protocol progress if goal is to hold 30secs total?

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi Alessandro

I tried to follow the protocol you suggested above.  What do you think?

Only doing it for one session my first impression was that with this movement and being a beginner I've got a lot of things going on in my mind form wise that I'm ticking off and trying to ensure I'm maintaining within a very short hold time. I didn't find that easy and wonder if quality suffered?

I did this protocol for 4 sets.  Just out of interest I've read up a little on R R, how does this protocol progress if goal is to hold 30secs total?

 

Pretty simple, after 2-3 weeks you can test your maximum hold, and then if you can hit around 10'' you can progress as all the elements with 30'' mastery. the RR protocol is very useful when you have only a little number of seconds as a maximum hold.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro

I've implemented R R over the past couple of weeks. I'm not quite hitting 10 but certainly feel a bit more stronger at this lean...so do I just keeping working R R until I do hit 10?

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 10/5/2021 at 4:00 AM, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi Alessandro

I tried to follow the protocol you suggested above.  What do you think?

Only doing it for one session my first impression was that with this movement and being a beginner I've got a lot of things going on in my mind form wise that I'm ticking off and trying to ensure I'm maintaining within a very short hold time. I didn't find that easy and wonder if quality suffered?

I did this protocol for 4 sets.  Just out of interest I've read up a little on R R, how does this protocol progress if goal is to hold 30secs total?

 

I think you can begin now from the first step where sets are composed by 6'' hold.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

Checking in on form as I progress time....and lean continues to be sufficient? 

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches

Checking in on form as I progress time....and lean continues to be sufficient? 

 

Nice form...

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

How is this looking....at 26secs x5 ....

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 8/12/2022 at 8:38 AM, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches

How is this looking....at 26secs x5 ....

 

Strive to hold the hips lower. imagine every time to draw a line from shoulder to heels..are the hip on this  the line? are they below or above?

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

Striving to keep the hips down.  Im now at 5x30secs.

Is this enough for mastery?

 

 

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

Last set of 5x30secs from today's training. I've been focussing on previous feedback re hips - striving to keep hips down in line with shoulder, knee, ankle. 

What do you think? 

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 10/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches

Last set of 5x30secs from today's training. I've been focussing on previous feedback re hips - striving to keep hips down in line with shoulder, knee, ankle. 

What do you think? 

 

You are actually more accurate. i think that you can increase the lean.

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks Alessandro.

Re: increase lean.  Can you indicate on screen grab from video the lean amount that you are looking for and is optimal for mastery so I have a visual of what to aim for. 

That would be a really great help. Thank you

 

Alessandro Mainente
On 10/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi coaches

Last set of 5x30secs from today's training. I've been focussing on previous feedback re hips - striving to keep hips down in line with shoulder, knee, ankle. 

What do you think? 

 

 You are actually more accurate. i think that you can increase the lean. 

image.png

Vanessa Hunt

Hi Alessandro

Is this lean enough for mastery.....comparing to the above? Thanks

Screenshot_20230813_121651_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6aa78dafb65721910a207195bb156707.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi Alessandro

Is this lean enough for mastery.....comparing to the above? Thanks

Screenshot_20230813_121651_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6aa78dafb65721910a207195bb156707.jpg

i would say yes...conisder that if you begin with the next step but you cannot hold the form for at leat 10-12'' then build back some more lean on this i is better..

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks Alessandro. I am building this lean point up to 5x 30 secs (not quite there yet). I will post before moving to next step and take on your advice if need to drop back.

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Thanks Alessandro. I am building this lean point up to 5x 30 secs (not quite there yet). I will post before moving to next step and take on your advice if need to drop back.

perfect

Vanessa Hunt

Is today the day....is this enough for mastery??

 

Vanessa Hunt

Just bumping for feedback, many thanks

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Just bumping for feedback, many thanks

Hi Vanessa, please tag me next time...

i think it is enough...still consider that the more the lean the less the gap betwen the next elements...

i noticed that the better the lean the better the future tuck planche.

Vanessa Hunt

Ok, i will stay here and aim for more lean. Will do another cycle of and build back up.