This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

C5 Planche Lean

Started by Vanessa Hunt, October 21, 2019 · 48 Replies · 675 Views

Vanessa Hunt

Hello

Just beginning this progression. Feedback on form please.  Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice approach Vanessa, I really like it. 

Now WHILE HOLDING THE CURRENT level of lean, try to reach the 15-18 seconds range of hold.

then try to increase the lean at the point where you can hold the position for 6-8 seconds and keep working.

use this process until you reach the desired amount of lean.

Vanessa Hunt

Hi I have progressed a bit with hold time with these just checking in to ensure form is still ok. Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente
8 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hi I have progressed a bit with hold time with these just checking in to ensure form is still ok. Thanks

 

Nice work, as you become fatigued, think always to pushing the hips to the floor.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello I'm now feeling fairly comfortable at this lean range and hold time around 15secs. Ok to increase lean and regress hold time Alessandro?

Top video for review. Bottom video from a month ago.

 

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello I'm now feeling fairly comfortable at this lean range and hold time around 15secs. Ok to increase lean and regress hold time Alessandro?

Top video for review. Bottom video from a month ago.

 

Nicely done. i would reduce the seconds down to 6-8 seconds and increase for the last time the lean a bit more.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello I've increased the lean and dropped hold time back down to 6 secs. This is my last set of 5. just wanting to check form as I progress time hold.  I'm working hard to keep my butt down!

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello I've increased the lean and dropped hold time back down to 6 secs. This is my last set of 5. just wanting to check form as I progress time hold.  I'm working hard to keep my butt down!

Thanks

You got the correct amount of lean! nice work!

Vanessa Hunt

Hello just checking in for form check as I slowly build hold time. Now at 15sec.

 

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello just checking in for form check as I slowly build hold time. Now at 15sec.

 

The lean is improved but i think...sacrificing the hips...notice how the hips are extended in beginning plank position and how there are a bit piked at the end of the set.

Vanessa Hunt

Yes I do see it I'm going to regress hold time and work on it thanks Alessandro

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

Checking in for feedback. Reduced hold time to focus on reducing ext in hips.

Thanks

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Good adjustment! Solid dance moves happening in the background too! :D I recommend spending another session or two at your current volume to help reinforce your form.

Vanessa Hunt

Thanks Jeffrey will do. Previous videos had the lil monkey dancing in front of the camera so had to reshoot a few times  :)

Vanessa Hunt

Hello

Feedback please. How is this looking for mastery? 

Thanks

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello

Feedback please. How is this looking for mastery? 

Thanks

 

 

 

 

HI Vanessa, in the IM try to hold the legs parallel.

The PE appears ok but i cannot turn of 180° on my monitor...

Vanessa Hunt

Hello another video for feedback thanks

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Vanessa Hunt said:

Hello another video for feedback thanks

Nicely done...now for a better carryover on the following elements i suggest reducing the seconds of the lean up to 10-12'' and increase the lean at the point where you can hold the position for only 10-12''...then begin to work with 6''...

Vanessa Hunt

Ok thanks Alessandro. Just checking as I regress secs of hold to increase lean further am I aiming to reach 30secs hold again? 

Vanessa Hunt

Hi 

I've tried to increase lean here again and played with changing entry to the position to better gauge lean. Is that alright? Howz it looking? 

 

 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

You are doing a good job focusing in the lean, however, you are losing quite a bit of protraction. Maintaining a strong protraction will help you to increase the depth of your lean.

Vanessa Hunt

 Thanks Jeffery I see that now.

Vanessa Hunt

Hello coaches

Checking in as haven't posted for a while with this one. Am I getting enough lean for carry over as suggested by Alessandro? It feels harder? Am I maintaining form ok?

Thanks

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement on both the protraction and the lean. I would still like to see you lean deeper before increasing time. Your goal is to lean so that your palms are placed between your belly button and your hips. You're currently super close, just a little bit more to go!

Vanessa Hunt

Hi coaches

I've been focusing on getting more lean before progressing with time. How is it looking? Once your happy with lean I will progress with time.

Thanks