This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE3

Started by James O'Boyle, October 8, 2019 · 34 Replies · 272 Views

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--I'm just starting HS PE3.  I want to make sure I have the right idea for the iM.  How does it look?  

Front view:

Side view:

 

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hi James, the technique must be revisited, the exercise is a "acquiring the shoulder flexion while leaning forward", on the other side you are simply leaning while holding the bar, the exercise easier compared to IM1.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  So I should begin not in full flexion and only gain full flexion while I lean forward?

Alessandro Mainente

Correct.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--I'm going to widen my grip and drop the weight here as I see that I'm not gaining full flexion.  But do I have the general idea correct?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

The execution is ok, but increase the grip until full flexion is shown.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Gotcha, I’ll increase the grip, just wanted to make sure I was doing it right!

 

Thanks,

James

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro, am I doing any better?  I've also included the PE here.

 

PE:

iM Side View:

iM Front View:

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hey James, keep your neck neutral and reduce the grip a bit more.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Thanks, will do!  Is the PE okay?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

yes, it is.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--how's this?  Front and side view in the same video.

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hi james, strive for reaching a horizontal position with the bar. everything else...is not ok.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Got it, will do!

Thanks,

James

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  Time to add weight?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work James, keep in mind that asymmetrical work is not an option.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Thanks!  I’ll add weight and continue working on it.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro!  I want to test for mastery of this iM.  How does it look?

Front View:

Side View:

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hi James, the amount of shoulder flexion is ok...now as you begin to lean begin the flexion. at the point where you stop to lean you should reach HERE the maximum flexion. actually you are leaning....then flexing.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Thanks, I see what you mean.  I'll work on it!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro!  I have a wrist injury so a lot of my training has stalled.  I've still been able to work on this iM, though.  Does this look any better?

Thanks,

James

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro, I just want to check in on the video above.  Have I made the necessary corrections?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hi James, this ok... are you using a shoulder-width grip?

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Great, thanks!  Yes, this is shoulder width.  I’ll post a front view later this week.  I still have a little work to do on the PE as well.  I’m currently at 4x60sec.

Thanks,

James

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro!  Here is a front view of this iM.  Shoulder width, 6.25lbs.  How does it look?

 

Thanks,

James