This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hs Pe1

Started by Reilly Herbst, August 3, 2019 · 29 Replies · 272 Views

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Reilly, the PE is ok, i do prefer to have the weigth more on the top of the head and less in the forehead. the IM i need to ask you a back view because from my pov you are beginning the dislocate that is one common error.

Alessandro Mainente

hey REilly, as you can say the back view of the IM reveals 2 big points:

1-bar is not parallel to the ground and this is the most important since symmetrical shoulder mobility is a MUST.

2-you are beginning the dislocate that it is unnecessary.

what to do now:

-work in front of a mirror in order to have the bar parallel to the ground;

-do not retract the scapulae, do the opposide, trying to externally rotate the upper arm.

Reilly Herbst

Thank you

Reilly Herbst

 

Reilly Herbst

 

Alessandro Mainente

First suggestion: DO NOT RETRACT THE SCAPULAE.

second suggestion: BAR SHOULD BE HORIZONTAL.

Reilly Herbst

 

Reilly Herbst

https://youtu.be/Hhrd2ZJeB_o

I’m not trying to retract my scaps here, I don’t know why it looks like I am 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Reilly, same problem as before but less important. I'm not sure if the problem is lack of mobility or simply a difference, try to use a mirror one time and see if you can easily (or maybe not) correct the problem or the "horizontal bar".

Reilly Herbst

 

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

 

As you can see is only a movement problem. I suggest you working with mirror for 2-3 weeks. then your brain should be ready for working without mirror.

Reilly Herbst

Awesome, how much weight is considered mastery?

Alessandro Mainente

we highly recommend 10% of your bodyweight.

Reilly Herbst

is that for all the weighted IM in h1?

Alessandro Mainente

yes. IM yes. for the dislocates I've built up to 22 kg.

Reilly Herbst

Ok so I should stay on each progression of h1 until I master the 10% body weight weighted IM?

Alessandro Mainente

I highly recommend it!

Alessandro Mainente

The first thing that comes to my eyes here is that you should be more accurate on the symmetrical range of motion. i have drawn a line from your armpit, you can see that the thumbs distance from that line is not the same between the 2 sides. so before talking about grip...weigth etc. fix this.

i spent too much time with my students correcting handstands due to poor approach as this stage, i do not want you to do the same mistake!

re.png

Reilly Herbst

Thank you

Reilly Herbst

 

Alessandro Mainente

Can you see the movement at 29 seconds? this happens when scapulae are retracted.