Critique My Routine

Started by Johnny Rivers, May 6, 2010 · 3 Replies · 5,200 Views

Johnny Rivers

I am 5'10", 238lbs, lost 14lbs in last 3 months. I know I'm still very large. I'm probably 15% BF. My background is in mostly bodybuilding, with some conditioning a la Ross Enamait. I have put together a 4 day per week routine modeled after some of the ones on the forum. Let me know if it is diverse enough to cover any weaknesses. I plan on doing some running and rope jumping on my off days for wt. loss.

DAY 1

Planche (5 attempts)

Ring Support (4)

Pike Pushup (3x5)

WG Pullup (3x4)

Jump Squat (3x5)

V-up Tuck (3x6)

DAY 2

Inverted Hang (5 attempts attempts)

L-sit Tuck (5 x 15s)

Ring Pullups (3x2)

Dips (3x5)

GHR (3x5)

WS Wipers (3x6)

DAY 3 (off)

DAY 4

Frogstand (5 attempts)

Ring Support (4 x 20s)

L-Chinup (3x5)

W. Plan PU(3x5)

Jump Squat (3x5)

Dragon Flag (3x5)

Day 5

Inverted Hang (5)

L-sit Tuck (5)

Bulg Ring Rows (5)

Ring PU (3x5)

GHR (3x5)

HLR (3x5)

Off Days

Cardio

Tumbling

Handstands

Bridges

Bridge wall walk

Wrist PU

Blairbob

Looks good though I don't where your strength levels are at. You may find the jumping squat jumps too easy.

I'd do the wrist pushups and bridge wall walks in your WU. Scale the volume or progression of the bridge wall walks if need be as how Ido Portal shows where beginners only do a smaller ROM.

Johnny Rivers

Jumping squats are probably too easy. I was trying to keep explosive power in my hips/thighs without gaining leg mass. Due to years of squatting my lower body is quite heavy. I have been trying to progress on my pistols. Should I just do weighted jump squats while I work on my pistols. As for my strength levels, Chins x 10, Ring Dips x 6, Frog stand x 15sec, Free Handstand x 6sec, HeSPU against wall x 6, HS wall runs x 8reps

ASForum
Blairbob said:
Looks good though I don't where your strength levels are at. You may find the jumping squat jumps too easy.

I'd do the wrist pushups and bridge wall walks in your WU. Scale the volume or progression of the bridge wall walks if need be as how Ido Portal shows where beginners only do a smaller ROM.

Where does he show that?