This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE2 + iM

Started by James O'Boyle, May 24, 2019 · 41 Replies · 349 Views

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi again Alessandro!  I believe I've corrected the hip angle here--how does it look?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

hi james better but not enough, limit yourself to 3-4 reps until reps are PERFECT. below you can find the difference.

JAMES.png

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Gotcha.  Which angle is correct?  The picture with the green line, or the other one?  Or is the issue simply that the angle changes throughout the reps?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

It is not a matter of correct angle but rather a matter of the ability to hold always the same.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Ah, okay!  That makes sense.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi again Alessandro--I did sets of 4 reps of FL PE2 today.  I've been watching these videos in slow motin and I'm trying to eliminate the little "kick" at the beginning of the reps where my hip angle seems to change...  Does this set look okay?  Sorry for all of the posts--I just want to get this right before increasing the reps again.

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Try this for me. assume the correct angle..now put the palms of your hands on the knees. now lock your elbows out. now you must always pushup your knees to the hands and vice versa. if this does not happen you are changing angles...

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro-how's this?

 

Thanks,

James

 

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro-how's this?

 

Thanks,

James

 

Can you feel all the same pressure between upper leg and hands?

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Yes.  Should I increase the reps with hands on my knees or stay at 12r and try to remove my hands?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
2 hours ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Yes.  Should I increase the reps with hands on my knees or stay at 12r and try to remove my hands?

Thanks,

James

yes...slowly. 4 fingers first, then 3, then 2..then 1.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  got it, will do!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--here's another attempt at this.  How am I doing?

 

 

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--here's another attempt at this.  How am I doing?

 

 

Thanks,

James

Try to reduce the amount of elevation when you move onto the lower back.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Got it, will do.  Thanks!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Here it is with reduced elevation.  How is this?

 

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente
On 2/25/2020 at 5:31 PM, James O'Boyle said:

@Alessandro Mainente  Yes.  Should I increase the reps with hands on my knees or stay at 12r and try to remove my hands?

Thanks,

James

Better, now is time to progress but do not sacrifice form for a couple of reps more.