How to incorporate OAP to training

Started by FERNANDO OLIVERA Z, May 16, 2019 · 1 Replies · 1,972 Views

FERNANDO OLIVERA Z

Hi guys, 

right now i want to learn really hard OAP, but im also focusing on 2 skills FL and Planche. I train FL (monday and thursday) with front lever hold, full rom fl raises & ADV- tuck pull ups, the other days i train legs and planche. Is it wise to start incorporatin OAP with a pulley on FL days?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Fernando, incorporating OAP prematurely can lead to serious elbows and shoulder problem. I had to work with people who dislocated their claviculae with premature oap training, some of them got medial and outer elbow tendonitis.

so personally, before beginning, you need to have a minimum of bent arm pulling variation.

I suggest you work on foundations till the completion of rope climbing section foundation 4. I'm not a liar if i say that 2 of my students had the one arm pullup after completing the rope climbing work.