This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE1 iM

Started by James O'Boyle, April 25, 2019 · 28 Replies · 218 Views

James O'Boyle

Hi @Alessandro Mainente @Everett Carroll, 

I'm going on a tear posting form checks this week.

I've been revisiting the HS PE1 iM because in retrospect I think I still have some work to do.  Can you give me any suggestions on how to improve?

Side view:

 

Front view:

 

Thanks again for all your help,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hi James, the main goal is range of motion. in this case the 180° of shoulder flexion.  the other parameters like weigth and hands distance should be managed in order to achieve the desired range of motion. in this case, drop down the weight to the minimum of 1 kg and increase the distance between the hands until you can reach the 180° of shoulder flexion.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Understood.  I had progressed from a wide grip and no weight to a narrower grip, then added weight, etc--I thought I was hitting 180 with my progressions but I was mistaken.  This is a good lesson in videoing myself more often.

I've scaled it back to a weightless stick and widened my grip--is this a good position for me to be working in, or is it safe to narrow the hands a bit?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hey james still to narrow. increase the stance some cm more.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  How's this?  I reduced the grip a bit and I definitely felt a different ROM happening this time.  

 

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely good difference! nice work.

James O'Boyle

Thanks!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  One more question--are there any stretches I should incorporate into my daily routine to help with shoulder flexion?  I've heard you recommend the elevated cat to some other folks.  Would that be appropriate for me?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, of course, you can do it. begin with twice a week. then if the shoulders are ok you can increase of one day.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Sounds good, will do.  Thanks!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente

I think I'm noticing some improvement on this one.  Hands are a little narrower.  Maybe the elevated cat stretch is working?

 

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Damn James, i like it!!! yes for sure cat stretch is helping.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente YESSSSS!!!!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  A little narrower...

 

 

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Do I need to go even narrower here or is it time to widen the grip and add weight?

 

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

It's time to add weigth.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Hell yes!!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Hi Alessandro, just wanted to check my progress on this one.  Here it is with 2.5lbs.  Is it okay for me to add more weight?

Thanks again,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely yes! nice work. flexion is perfect.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Awesome, thank you!

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--here is the flexion with 5lb on the bar.  Does this work for mastery?

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

NIce shoulder flexion, now if you can....lean more forward.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente  Hi Alessandro--does this look better?

 

Side View:

Front View:

Thanks,

James

Alessandro Mainente

Hey James, there is one point at 14 seconds where you are leaning more..this is the amount that you need all the time.

James O'Boyle

@Alessandro Mainente Got it, thank you sir!