Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TDEE

Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

I am 5'9 175lbs.  My Renpho scale says I'm 21% BF.  I am trying to determine how many calories I should consume to lose weight.  I have a sedentary Job, desk, so I try to work out every day, with an occasional missed day due to schedule, sickness, etc. My schedule is as follows Day 1: Upper body Weight/Swim, Day 2: Lower Body Weights/Run, Day 3: BW and Rings skill work like HS, Planche etc. IF time cardio.

According to most sites, my BMR is approx 1680-1730 and my TDEE based on desk job and working out is anywhere from 2600-2700Kcals.

I am torn between eating 2000Kcals or going to 1500 or 1700 to accelerate the process.  What would you do?

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Jeff I had a Renpho one year ago. it is not completely reliable. Many factors are important on defining the BF like the amount of water, the number of sensors etc. When I used it said that I was around 12%. After using another one with 8 sensors plus plicometry i knew that i was around 19%.

my suggestion has a more deep investigation.

Jeff Walker

Ok, well remove the renpho and BF calculation, it I use formulas that dont require it, such as these. 

https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/

I am getting a BMR of 1730 and a TDEE of 2682.  What is the maximum deficit I can use to lose weight?  My plan was to eat around 1700 cals. Is that too low?

Alessandro Mainente

I sincerely think that it is not the place to give a nutritional suggestion of this type. Structured indications must be planned with a nutritionist.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.