Heeellooooo!
Id like a form check please. I’m currently on step 8 of HS PE9. The video shows an extra set, so I’ve already done 4 sets of 60s holds hence not a full minute hold in the video.
Any corrections?
Cheers beatiful people!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Nils Westfelt, March 2, 2019 · 29 Replies · 384 Views
Heeellooooo!
Id like a form check please. I’m currently on step 8 of HS PE9. The video shows an extra set, so I’ve already done 4 sets of 60s holds hence not a full minute hold in the video.
Any corrections?
Cheers beatiful people!
Hey Nils,
Try to get your chest and upper thighs in contact with the wall during this hold. Keep your PPT (it looks solid) and press forward toward the wall a bit.
11 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:Hey Nils,
Try to get your chest and upper thighs in contact with the wall during this hold. Keep your PPT (it looks solid) and press forward toward the wall a bit.
Oh! My bad. I thought this one was the same as the 30s wall handstand and chest and thighs were in the Wrist Wall Handstand progression. I was wrong though. I’ll make corrections and upload a new one tomorrow!
Thanks Everett!
21 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:Hey Nils,
Try to get your chest and upper thighs in contact with the wall during this hold. Keep your PPT (it looks solid) and press forward toward the wall a bit.
Ok. So here’s the updated form. Looks good?
Cheers
Tights to the wall......it is already very good....make it wonderful Nils....come on!
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Tights to the wall......it is already very good....make it wonderful Nils....come on!
I think I might have to take my shoes off
.. they are kind of in the way to get fully pointed toes I think? Maybe that is keeping my legs to get fully onto the wall?
Should the chest and thighs be pressed against the wall or just touching? Alessandro do you think you could make a screen cap and draw an arrow to where you want the correction? It’s very hard for me to see myself what to aim for. That would be so nice if you could do?
Thanks!
this is one old mine pic, you can see what I mean.
No space between the hips and wall.
24 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:No space between the hips and wall.
Ok. So I’m confused. It says in the course library: “Feel the chest and upper thighs in contact with the wall”. And in the Wrist Wall Handstand progression it says: “Note that his hips are NOT in contact with the wall.”
Just curious what the reason is for aiming for hips against the wall in this progression?
Thanks
@Alessandro Mainente @Nils WestfeltI'm nearing the end of the same progression and am confused along with Nils. Are you saying the entire body--chest, hips, and thighs--should be pressed against the wall, all while keeping PPT?
The first wall handstand is necessary in order to feel the correct alignment. the second wall handstand (the wrists) you should already be able to show a perfect alignment and now , without full contact, being able to open the shoulder fully with your traps.
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:The first wall handstand is necessary in order to feel the correct alignment. the second wall handstand (the wrists) you should already be able to show a perfect alignment and now , without full contact, being able to open the shoulder fully with your traps.
Ok so what about now? Can’t get my hips closer, my private parts are in the way
It takes time....keep working.
I hear you Alessandro.
I’m not at 5x60s yet so there’s still some work to do!
I have another question about body tension. I noticed the other day that if I just relax a tiny bit, not trying to contract every muscle as hard as I can and not trying to do a posterior pelvic tilt as much as I can(still holding a ppt, just not as tense) it’s a lot easier to feel everything touching the wall. Hips, thighs and chest. Could you give me any thoughts on body tension? Should I aim for contracting as hard as I can or should I aim for being contracted, controlled but still a bit relaxed? Like say 85% contracted instead of aiming for 200% I you know what I mean? I didn’t film that session so I don’t know how it looks, but it felt better in a way. Thanks for any feedback!
Cheers
As your brain learns, you tend to use fewer motor units, breath is optimized, body tension decreases. this is how the brain it's educated.
Hey Alessandro. Is this form any better? This is the fourth set of 60s. Trying hard to get my hips to the wall but still keeping ppt. It’s pretty difficult but I think I’m starting to get it.
It is better but sincerely you need to reduce a lot the holds. because if the form is not completely ok and you train for long holds, your brain still learns bad positioning.
learn correctly FIRST, then work on it.
Ok. So could you try and explain what I should be thinking about then in terms of form? How can I get the form better so I can meet the standards so I can train for the longer holds if not doing long holds trying my best to do the best form I can?
You must think about moving the hips and the armpit to the wall. you are really close to optimal form. but do not spend too much time in different form.
jump into a handstand, assume the correct form, stay here for 4-5 seconds, jump down. look to the camera. is ok? then another set. once you can perform 10/10 perfect attempt then you can train for longer hold.
@Alessandro Mainente
Ok so here is a screen cap from today’s session. I’m working on getting into the handstand and quickly nail the form. But I honestly don’t see what to change. How is this form? More ppt? Less ppt? Hands closer to wall? Hands further from the wall? To be honest I’m kind of lost here..
Actually your body is touching the wall with 2 parts; quads and chest. In order to follow the course suggestion of touching with upper chest and upper tight you need to move HORIZONTALLY the hips closer to the wall..it has nothing to do with PTT.
Sorry for asking and This might be a stupid question but so where is the upper thigh located? I thought that that’s what I’m touching the wall with?
@Alessandro Mainente
Do you think you could post a picture of a perfect wall handstand so I can see what I need to do and so I have something to aim for? That would be great. Thanks
I've already posted my pic above. you can clearly see that chest and hips are in contact with the wall.
if you look t the photo below you can see how chest, tight and quads are approximately at the same distance from the wall. this is what you need. pushing the HIPS closer to the wall. if necessary i will make a video for you.