Getting a perfect squat

Started by Greyson Boerner, February 20, 2019 · 3 Replies · 1,971 Views

Greyson Boerner

I’ve been doing GB for 2 years now. I’m still in foundations and stretching.  My main problem is being able to get into a full squat with good form.  My hip mobility isn’t there yet in addition to a tight lower back.  Is there a daily routine I can do to get me to the point of a great squat? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Greyson, are you sure the problem is the hips mobility? how did you get to this conclusion?

i have a good test for you. hold your legs together...completely. then perform a full quat, if you cannot perform this type of squat you have ankles problem and not hips problem !!

actually, i have the most ridiculous full squat....well...i almost reach the parallel with a lot of forward bending...but i have side split...front splits...pike..pancake...hips problems? nope....damn ankles!

Greyson Boerner
15 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Greyson, are you sure the problem is the hips mobility? how did you get to this conclusion?

i have a good test for you. hold your legs together...completely. then perform a full quat, if you cannot perform this type of squat you have ankles problem and not hips problem !!

actually, i have the most ridiculous full squat....well...i almost reach the parallel with a lot of forward bending...but i have side split...front splits...pike..pancake...hips problems? nope....damn ankles!

If I do this, it definitely seems to be ankles.  Do you know the yoga pose called happy baby?  Lying on my back, I have trouble getting my knees to my chest which seems to be from hips.  

Everett Carroll

The knee series and front split stretch series videos from the subscription should solve this, Greyson.