Any exercises that build traps?

Started by Maverick, April 27, 2010 · 1 Replies · 5,930 Views

Maverick

I have very poorly developed trap muscles - they make my shoulders look bony. They're very disproportionate to my arms (which are very big) and my mid-sized chest.

I think this may be part of the reason I am prone to shoulder injuries - does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I know there are 'inverted pullups' but I don't really feel like doing them. Are there any other exercises that will build traps? I'm currently doing handstands and a bunch of static holds, not sure if they are going to help me.

Spartan300

One of the best exercises for the traps and the whole back is heavy Deadlifts, great for whole body strength as well. The only problem is having access to the bar and plates, it might not be convenient if you train at home and don't have the room. I used to do them at home but had to get rid of the weights as it just wasn't convenient having them in a small space.