Starting Gymnatics Bodies

Started by AbsoluteFitness, December 30, 2018 · 4 Replies · 3,122 Views

AbsoluteFitness

Hi there, 

I want to start training but don't know where to start. Read Building gymnsatics bodies. I am overweight , 6 ft 1 inch. Help!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Syed, i do not want to appear impolite but if you are overweight you need first: 

-to check your doctor and having a specific physical test under load so that the heart and the cardiorespiratory system works well;

-depending on "how much overweight" you need to consider that a body with GST work can resent of joints pain;

-said that you need a healthy meal program in order to reduce the body fat and a controlled training protocol that causes less stress as possible in your joints.

Once a reasonable weight is reached then you can approach the GST with more safety.

Syed Muhammad Shahbaz
14 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Syed, i do not want to appear impolite but if you are overweight you need first: 

-to check your doctor and having a specific physical test under load so that the heart and the cardiorespiratory system works well;

-depending on "how much overweight" you need to consider that a body with GST work can resent of joints pain;

-said that you need a healthy meal program in order to reduce the body fat and a controlled training protocol that causes less stress as possible in your joints.

Once a reasonable weight is reached then you can approach the GST with more safety.

Thanks for much awaited approval and reply. I totally agree with what you have said and here are the things I am going to do for next 3 to 4 months:

1 - I'll go on a Standard Ketogenic Diet.

2 - I'll perform jump rope (20 secs workout + 10 secs rest) x 20 everyday leading to x 40.

3 - I'll go with the beginner level progression of push up, pull up, squat, lying leg raises, and plank.

What do you think? 

Everett Carroll

Hey Syed,

Here are my thoughts:

1. Try to follow the Thrive nutrition plan if you can. Also remember that, above all else, you should pick a healthy diet that you know you can stick to. If keto is something you know you can do for a while then great. 

2. Be wary of adding in too much jump rope too quickly. Mixing up your cardio/conditioning might be better for your body and mind. I prefer some time swimming laps over anything else to actively recover and get some cardio in. 

3. Sounds good. Use the main workouts on your schedule for strength, specifically the Core, Upper Body, and Lower Body workouts. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

It depends on your level of overweight. I mean that too much weight can increase the risk of overuse exercises when you use to exercise with an impact on cartilages and tendon. usually for people with overweight, we tend to have a few different hips/knees biomechanics because the posture is possibly changed.

Personally, if there is a situation where you should not train alone is exactly now.