Question about Killroy's workout

Started by Maverick, April 22, 2010 · 1 Replies · 2,234 Views

Maverick

I notice that when he performed his FBE (fundamental body exercises) he did different ones on each of his days as seen below:

Day 1 - horizontal plane pushing and pulling FBE

Day 2 - curling (inverted pullup) and dipping variations (RTO dips, etc..) FBE

Day 3 - pullup and HeSPU variation FBE

Day 4 - multiplane pulling variaions + varied pressing work

I am currently doing a M/W/F routine in which I do static planche, and lever progressions followed by:

pullups/handstand variation, planche pushup/row variation, dips and supermans each day. I do 3 sets of everything, including the static holds. I currently pair antagonists together (example: 1 set of pullups, followed by 1 set of handstands, followed by 2 minutes rest.)

QUESTIONS:

1.I am wondering if this is the optimal way to train or if doing different things everyday like Killroy does is better.

2. Killroy's post is informative, but it doesn't mention how long his rest periods are between sets. Also, does he pair antagonists together? He says he does 7-10 sets on all static holds (he does 4 static holds) - if he rested even 1 minute between each, that's over an hour right there!

Here is the template: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1957

Blairbob

Please don't crosspost. I understand your reason for doing so but it becomes a headache.