I've been a member of the list since I started my BtGB program this past January 09.
I began with a very basic program, working out 4 days/week and working four static positions every day, which included:
1) planche variations
2) BL variations
3) FL variations
4) Handstand work
After I finish my static work for a given workout, which generally consisted of 7-10 sets of each movement, the remainder of my workout looked like this:
Day 1 - horizontal plane pushing and pulling FBE
Day 2 - curling (inverted pullup) and dipping variations (RTO dips, etc..) FBE
Day 3 - pullup and HeSPU variation FBE
Day 4 - multiplane pulling variaions + varied pressing work
Anyway, I didn't want to get into anything that I considered even remotely advanced until I had become somewhat proficient in some of these exercises. Just to give an idea of progress, I'll give a quick list of where I began with the FSP (very first workout) and where I'm at now (i.e. yesterday's workout):
1) Planche variations: Frog stand 12 sec hold; tuck plance 10 sets of 8 sec holds
2) BL variations: tuck BL 8 second hold (VERY difficult, uncomfortable); FULL BL 10 sets of 4 sec holds (plus some reversals out of the BL to an inverted hang)
3) FL variations: Tuck FL 10 sec hold; 1/2 FL (one leg fully extended, one tucked, alternating e/set) 10 sets 4 sec holds (5 holds/leg)
4) Handstand work: couldn't even get into a handstand; kicking up into a handstand, using the wall as a "spotter", and working 10 sets of 20+ second holds (at the 20 second-mark, I'd stop using the wall as a spotter and go for as long as I can free standing)
**5**) When I started I was training the L-sit, but I felt it was really compromising my FL work, however, when I started I could not hold a floor L-sit for even 1 second; Yesterday, I tested and held a pretty good V-sit for a full 10 seconds. Surprised the hell out of my self!
**6**) One other area of very surprising progress: When I began, I couldn't do one since XR muscle up (even after devoting nearly 8 months of Crossfit work last year, no ring muscle ups achieved). Yesterday, I performed 15 single non-kipping muscle ups. They weren't perfect, pure-strength slow muscle ups, as there was a bit of leg movement, but definitely nothing that resembled a "kip."
Anyway, looking through my logs for the last couple of months, I'm pretty stunned at my progress following coach sommer's progressions.
Ok, on to the point of my post!.....
I'd like to begin working the basic ring strength series, which for me would look like:
-muscle up to support -->backwords roll -->inverted hang-->back lever-->inverted hang-->1/2 front lever-->down
What's the best way to work this into my program? As I stated above, for the last couple of months its been the 4 FSP's followed by 2 FBE, 4 days/week. There are some other things I'd like to begin working on as well, such as 360 pulls, which I imagine I could probably use them as a substitute for my static FL/BL work, perhaps embedding FL/BL statics into each 360 pull.
Should I perhaps substitute some FBE for the basic ring strength series maybe 2x/week?
I guess this post is getting a little long, as always, any feedback would be appreciated.