Hi Everyone.
So after almost 2 lonely years of exclusive GST training, I’m really starting to miss CrossFit. Unfortunately I don’t have access to an GB affiliate around here, and I just miss the community and atmosphere of CrossFit Boxes (found in GB affiliates too). Also, I neglected my cardiovascular training a lot.
So in my quest to combine both worlds most efficiently, here’s what I’ve come up with.
The idea is that crossfit covers mostly BAS et leg work. So I only kept SASS strength, mobility, handstand and flexibility from GB.
So that the body is always fresh when doing GST, it is placed after rest days.
During CrossFit WODs, the kip should of course be skipped as much as possible and replaced by GB progressions for pull ups, dips or HSPU.
Tell me what you think or if you have any constructive ideas about this
Thanks !
Day 1
GB Foundations SASS:
Planche / Front Lever
Press 2 HS
Manna / Side lever
+ Middle split Stretch Series later in the day or right after
Day 2
(20 min Before CrossFit) Current GB HS progression
CrossFit
After CrossFit: Rope climb and/or HBP mobility
+ Front split Stretch series later in the day or right after
Day3
(20 min Before CrossFit) Current GB HS progression
CrossFit
After CrossFit: Rope climb and/or HBP mobility
+ Thoracic bridge Stretch Series later in the day or right after
Day 4
Rest or catch up day for middle or front split stretch series
Day5
GB Foundations SASS:
Planche / FL
Press 2 HS
Manna / Side lever
Day 6
(20 min Before CrossFit) Current GB HS progression
Crossfit
+ Thoracic bridge Stretch Series later in the day IF NOT done on Day 3
Day 7
Rest or catch up day for middle or front split stretch series