This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SpL PE3

Started by Zachary Ladwig, October 1, 2018 · 32 Replies · 358 Views

Zachary Ladwig

Hi, just started this one. How does it look? I feel like that’s not enough protraction, true? 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Zachary, unfortunately not enough. my suggestion is to train until protraction begins to fail. do not perform longer sets.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

is this any better?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work here!

Zachary Ladwig

Hi! On the final step now and just wanted to check form.

is this still good @Alessandro Mainente?

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks like you still need some more time on this one before moving on. Your goal is to complete your final set without needing to move or make small adjustments towards the end of your set. You're super close! A bit more practice and you'll be good to go!

Zachary Ladwig

@Jeffrey Bittner thank you!!

 

how is this 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Feet touching please!  and hold the head in place!

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Alessandro Mainente how is this 

I tried to be bit more still 

Jeffrey Bittner

It's looking solid. You are picking up a small amount of pike in your hips, try to press them towards the floor a little bit more. Also, remember to keep your feet together as Alex previously suggested.

Zachary Ladwig

hi @Jeffrey Bittner and @Alessandro Mainente I wanted to check on my plank form how does this look?

Jeffrey Bittner

Your position looks a lot better!

Zachary Ladwig

Thank you @Jeffrey Bittner

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner @Alessandro Mainente I wanted to make sure my form on the plank is good since it seems related to pushups which I have been struggling to get correct form with.

how is this? 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente
19 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner @Alessandro Mainente I wanted to make sure my form on the plank is good since it seems related to pushups which I have been struggling to get correct form with.

how is this? 

 

 

Hey Zachary, your arms should be vertical The basic plank position can also affect pushup, because the more the hands are toward the shoulders the more when you reach lower you must use the triceps which are weaker than the shoulder. beginning by correcting the set-up means, probably, less problem with technique.

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente was this better?

Should it be the same position as the push-up? Or does the plank have more protraction?

 

Alessandro Mainente
6 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente was this better?

Should it be the same position as the push-up? Or does the plank have more protraction?

 

Yes, you have never had this amount of depression!!!

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente yes as in it is correct form? Or yes as in I need more protraction?

 

is this depression a good thing? 
 

 

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente yes as in it is correct form? Or yes as in I need more protraction?

 

is this depression a good thing? 
 

 

You can add a bit of protraction and you will find that very difficult, the price is not sacrificing the depression.

Zachary Ladwig

I see! Yes I can feel that tension between depression and protraction. I will focus on depression first. 

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente

How are these? Should I keep working to improve the form or move on to the next exercise?

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente

How are these? Should I keep working to improve the form or move on to the next exercise?

Hey Zachary, the depression is ok..now the difficult part is to stay depressed while you try to push yourself off from the floor into the protraction.

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente thank you as always 

 

how are this weeks

 

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

@Alessandro Mainente thank you as always 

 

how are this weeks

 

To better explain the differences i shoot this video with shirt off. and i use it with my clients. now look how:

1) shoulders are far from the ears;

2) the upper back is rounded.

Pay attention that point 1) is PLUS point 2).

 

Zachary Ladwig

@Alessandro Mainente I seee so I have the shoulders well, but still need to round the back more. Correct?