I just started GST and I'm a little frustrated/disappointed. I'm 5'10, 250lb. I lift, do spartan races, just started BJJ, but I'm pretty inflexible and I thought this would be a good way to do that.
But nothing seems to be for actual beginners, except for the Restore programs.
Like, I thought Fundamentals would be the fundamentals to get loose enough to do a crab walk. Not just start right at crab walk with no modifications.
Even the stretch series seems really advanced. The first thoracic session has rocking tables as a warmup! And ends with elevated bridges when I'd bet the average person can't do a regular bridge. And again, no modifications or scaled down versions. Nothing about what to do if you don't have the wrist/shoulder mobility to flatten your hands behind your head.
Even worse, you can't even do the exercises without a stall wall. I've been in lots of gyms and never seen a stall wall and I'm definitely not shelling out the money to install one in my house before I start the program. In some cases, I'd guess you can get around a stall wall by using dumbbells or bars in a squat rack, but again, no mention of workarounds in the video.
I'm perfectly happy to start with the basics and slowly work my way up to more advanced stuff, but that doesn't seem like what this program is about. It's just starting with--to me--pretty advanced stuff with no guide in how to get there.
At this rate, I'll probably cancel after a month because I have no guidance on what to do when I can't get into position for a stretch and no idea how to work my way up to it.
But first I just wanted to check if I'm missing something. Is there somewhere better to start than Fundamentals or the Stretch series?
Thanks