This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

H1 PE/iM5 form check

Started by Marko Sekulic, September 13, 2018 · 35 Replies · 397 Views

Alessandro Mainente

Ok probably is the excessive bicep work. so, for now, stay away from dislocates a bit and stop the additional work for the biceps.

Stretch on a bicep with additional weight is useful only if there is a very good bicep strength, but this is valid for all the muscles....weak muscles cannot be subjected to weigthed mobility and your bicep is one of these weak muscles. the weighted mobility has probably the greatest amount of connective tissue damages....so as you can see we have finally found the problem.

Marko Sekulic

Thank you @Alessandro Mainente!

You are absolutely right. I was jumping too soon into the things I wasn't ready for, in my desire to improve myself...I wasn't patient and I paid the price, because I have also injured myself, a little bit...my connective tissue around pelvis, and hip flexor I think, with weighted middle split course, especially with weighted diamond frog. Obviously this little muscles were to weak to handle even that small load which I was placing on them. But, lesson is learned now. I will drop dislocations and additional biceps work for now, and I will stop using weighted stretches/mobility for some time, to heal and to get stronger.

But I discovered also that weighted stretches and mobility are FAST way to gain, flexibility, mobility, strength...everything. But only for people who are ready for it...obviously. 

So progressive overload on these things over time, is something that excite me very, very much...

Tom Bussien

Hey Marko, I feel you man. 

Overuse injuries are so frustrating, specially for us as beginners because we always want to do more and more to progress faster.

I got a tricep tendinopathy in my right arm from a few years ago and it's still not healed because I didn't take the time to do proper rehabilitation. It's never been very painful but always a bit discomfort and held me from progressing as good as I could.

Now I've been doing a rehab protocol for 2 weeks and it's getting much better, I had to drop down HBP PE2 to about 5x6 to not aggravate the pain.

We have to be more mature and be patient even though we already want to start doing front levers and stuff.

Keep up man we're gonna get there.

Marko Sekulic

Thanks man...

I dont know if tendinopathy is same thing as tendonitis...I had biceps tendonitis, (same reason, overuse of weak and tight muscle) and what really helped me is low intensiti, high volume exercises (band biceps curls for example) for increasing blood flow, that will heal your tendon. Also, heavy resistance, SLOW negatives, same, band biceps curls, but in your case that would probably be band triceps extensions, that will strengthen your tendon. Also I used heat, and ice and heat combined, to improve blood flow a little bit and speed up the healing. 

15 minutes ago, Tom Bussien said:

Overuse injuries are so frustrating, specially for us as beginners because we always want to do more and more to progress faster.

 

15 minutes ago, Tom Bussien said:

We have to be more mature and be patient even though we already want to start doing front levers and stuff.

That is very true. :) But no matter how much I thought I was patient, and conservative, at the end it always turns out that I was too hasty. But, I guess you will never know, unless you try.

 

21 minutes ago, Tom Bussien said:

Keep up man we're gonna get there.

Absolutely. 

Work hard and smart!

Alessandro Mainente

I understand you guys...i did the same mistake ten years ago....

Marko Sekulic

Hey @Alessandro Mainente, 

I have avoided dislocates for about 2 weeks, and this is my first try since than...

https://youtu.be/6oA-7LEwDEI

Not only that I didn't experienced any pain during this, (only mild stretch on my left elbow/brachialis) but this is actually my best try ever, the narrowest I have ever been. So my question is, how it looks like and how much till mastery level? :)

Alessandro Mainente

NIce work, but the most important is PAIN-FREE MAN! now be cautious!

Marko Sekulic

Agreed @Alessandro Mainente. :D I will...the lesson is learned now. These two weeks I wasn't doing dislocates, so I focus more on scapular movement (retraction, protraction, elevation and depression), this and weighted shoulder mobility for warm up did the job I think.

Should I keep working on this, try to get it narrower?

Alessandro Mainente

YES.....slowly

Marko Sekulic

Hey @Alessandro Mainente,

Here is my mastery testing...

This is my absolute best. How it looks?

https://youtu.be/sKMVeCA-Eig

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi marko, the bar is still not horizontal...