This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

H1 PE/iM5 form check

Started by Marko Sekulic, September 13, 2018 · 35 Replies · 397 Views

Alessandro Mainente

HI Marco, during the PE you do not have to hold the forehead on the floor but the chin on the floor, think that, when you lift the bar, you should be in a handstand position, if you cannot see the thumbs when the arm is fully flexed then the head is in the wrong position and you need to make corrections. a little neck extension so that the chin moves to the floor.

IM is good, now is the time to reduce the grip.

Marko Sekulic

Okey, I will correct that.

Thank you.

Marko Sekulic

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

Here are some sets from todays training. In PE its really hard to see my head because of the shadows, but I put chin on the ground and keep my eays on the stick...

https://youtu.be/JDuJgZYx90Y

https://youtu.be/DBgNIFyySKk

This is the 5th set of iM...I have one question, why I feel pain in my outer elbow when I go narrow with dislocates? I am not sure if it is triceps tendon or wrist extensors insertions, but it happens when I start to pull the stick up, from behid the back position. This also happens sometimes in brachialis.

https://youtu.be/KkI23Guv2zc

Thanks,

Marko

Alessandro Mainente

The PE is now correct, aim for a 180° of shoulder flexion.

Tension on the biceps tendon is normal during dislocates. the problem on the elbow is probably due to your elbows that tend to hyperextend. what type of warm-up are you doing?

Marko Sekulic

Hi @Alessandro Mainente, okey I will work on that...Here is a video of my upper body warm up on H1/Stretch courses days. Beside this exercises I warm up my trunk and lower body on similar way, just joint work for blood flow and some dynamic stretches. Normaly I am doing more reps (about 10) of each exercise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnHey-yR6fI  If am I am doing it wrong, please tell me better way to warm up, for my foundation days warm up is different but I will gladly make corrections there also... Also, try to ignore poor form, I focused only on what exercises I am using... :D   Thanks.

 

Marko Sekulic

I forgot to say that pain is only in the left elbow (which is much weaker than right one), and now I am sure that it is triceps tendon for sure, and maybe wrist extensors insertions too. Also I forgot to say that I feel same pain in same place when I do exercises like rocking tables, twisting bear, and shoulder extension exercises and stretches.@Alessandro Mainente

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

You warm up is not complete, you are performing only general exercises no specific. a minimum of a set of IM1 and IM3 is necessary. an insufficient warm-up with straight elbows can lead to an elbow problem.

Marko Sekulic

Thank you! I will do that every day.

Marko Sekulic

Hey @Alessandro Mainente,

How much more I need to reduce grip for mastery?

https://youtu.be/it0PWOqNQEM

I definitely see some progress in shoulder mobility so far...

Alessandro Mainente

Looking to the grip at the beginning of the video, 7-8 cm x side.

Marko Sekulic

Not yet there, but I just want to show my progress...few weeks ago, this seemed impossible, and now it is possible.

This is some hard ass work. :lol: 

https://youtu.be/FxqH0alZ--I

No matter of face expressions, Its getting more and more comfortable, and it wont take much I think, to go to mastery width. :D

Nick Murray

You are correct Marko. I think 98% of GB is the facial expression :)
Today I did my first set of 5x5 L-sit russian dips. The last set was 5% triceps and 95% jaw muscles!

Marko Sekulic

Hahahahaha :lol:

Good luck with that brother!

I look forward to my L-sit russian dips, but I have a lot of face expressions in front of me, before I get to them. :D

Alessandro Mainente

Please Marko notice how looking to your video, the bar tilts on the left when you begin to move above the head, this means that your right shoulder is tight. personally is differences are presented, you are not ready for that grip.

Marko Sekulic

Hey @Alessandro Mainente,

I know that bar was not horizontal, I will work on that...but I dont feel nothing in my right shoulder, most of the pain is in the left one.

Alessandro Mainente

For sure, the right one is limited more than the left so all the left part follows the right side limitation by moving the arm more inside.

Marko Sekulic

Hm, that is interesting. I might be completely wrong, but I think this happened because my body tries to protect itself. My left shoulder is higher than my right one, and my reach with left arm is bigger then with my right arm...so when I try to keep the bar parallel, my left arm is a little bit out, and that put additional pressure on my elbow, wich is still very weak, and it hurts sometimes after dislocates, especially after early sets. And when my left arm is closely to the body, it doesnt hurt. I think thats why compensation happens. 

I dont have mirror big enough, to check myself but I will pay more attention on this @Alessandro Mainente. 

Marko Sekulic

Hey  @Alessandro Mainente,

Here is a set of iM from yesterday...still not there yet, but it is much easier and I reduced a grip width little bit. I found that biggest limitations are my biceps, they are kinda tight...I feel in next 2-3 months I will get this.

https://youtu.be/yAe4tRHXF4M

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Marko, always check for a horizontal bar! always. if not horizontal, find a grip where you can search for parallel wood bar.

Marko Sekulic

Hey @Alessandro Mainente,

I have a problem with dislocates...not because I didn't make any progress in last few months, but I actually started to regress...I cant do it wih the grip I did it before, It is just too painful. My biceps tendon on the left arm is clicking and I feel it moves while doing dislocates, which is pretty creepy...and it hurts.

My left shoulder is rotated forward and it is higher than the right, due to scoliosis I have, that is why bar isn't horizontal when I do the movement naturally...

I went to the PT and he told me that scoliosis is minimal, and it is not worth money or time to work on it's correction. This probably won't have any impact on my daily normal life, but he doesn't get it, that it has HUGE impact on my training.

So that is it, I will never make progress with this exercise with such huge imbalance...also in last couple of days, when I flex my biceps all the way, I feel biceps tendon clicking, but it is not painful, just unpleasant.

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Marko Sekulic said:

Hey @Alessandro Mainente,

I have a problem with dislocates...not because I didn't make any progress in last few months, but I actually started to regress...I cant do it wih the grip I did it before, It is just too painful. My biceps tendon on the left arm is clicking and I feel it moves while doing dislocates, which is pretty creepy...and it hurts.

My left shoulder is rotated forward and it is higher than the right, due to scoliosis I have, that is why bar isn't horizontal when I do the movement naturally...

I went to the PT and he told me that scoliosis is minimal, and it is not worth money or time to work on it's correction. This probably won't have any impact on my daily normal life, but he doesn't get it, that it has HUGE impact on my training.

So that is it, I will never make progress with this exercise with such huge imbalance...also in last couple of days, when I flex my biceps all the way, I feel biceps tendon clicking, but it is not painful, just unpleasant.

how many times a week are you doing dislocates?  how many times are you reducing the grip on a dislocates sets?

Marko Sekulic

I am doing them twice a week and reducing grip only on feeling, when I feel I can go little narrower, I go. But I didn't reduced grip at all in the last 2 weeks maybe. But before that, to be honest, I went narrowest in my life, almost mastery level, for about 2 sessions, and now it hurts doing it with much wider grip.

Alessandro Mainente

well, it sounds that there is something else causing the pain. I mean that if the range of motion was already explored with no problems there is no reason for having pain now with less range of motion. maybe there is something else and you feel the problem here.

what exercises did you change since you reached the narrowest grip on the dislocate up to now?

Marko Sekulic

Didn't change any exercises, but I do a lot more of biceps exercises: because I had biceps tendonitis, I started doing a lot of biceps curls with resistance band, light resistance for high volume and heavy resistance slow eccentric for few reps, but I do it every upper body/core training. Also I am doing a lot of rings rows lately...I row on rings every day. And once a week, I do a lot of volume for biceps (rings biceps curls for example) to gain a little bit of mass, strength, and to flush the biceps for tendon health. And finally, I started doing EVERY stretch and mobility exercise, weighted...so mobility and flexibility exercises wich are involving biceps, cause a little more stress to the muscle and tendon.